Opera Presto source code leaked

Any other tech-related topics
webfork

Re: Opera Presto source code leaked

#46 Post by webfork »

Zero3K wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:48 pm I have made a new forum for it.
While I'm fond of my own arguments, I'm not upset when they didn't sway people. Still, there's a pretty strong consensus forming with the Kickstarter cancellation and with a long thread of people on Reddit this is very problematic. I now wonder what would change your mind about pursuing this.

Zero3K

#47 Post by Zero3K »

I suggest that you lock this thread then.

freakazoid

#48 Post by freakazoid »

Thanks for fighting the good fight, but it's been three years and there's barely been any progress since the source code has been released.

I miss Opera too, but to quote the late Kenny Rogers, "Know when to fold 'em."
is it stealth? ;)

webfork

#49 Post by webfork »

Zero3K wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:35 pm I suggest that you lock this thread then.
First, that's not really how this site works. I can count the times we've locked a topic on one hand, and that's usually in response to a directionless flamewar.

Second, a lot of time it's a good thought experiment to say what would change your mind about a given topic. You've obviously done a lot of work on this and you're clearly dedicated -- what would turn you off the project?

Zero3K

#50 Post by Zero3K »

If I write it you'll probably make it happen.

webfork

#51 Post by webfork »

Zero3K wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:10 pm If I write it you'll probably make it happen.
I guess it seems like I'm attacking you here and that I'm trying to torpedo your project. I was just impressed by your persistence and trying to see if I could nudge you in a different direction, but I really don't have any stake in this.

To be clear, I think the only thing that's really gone my way in the last few years as far as technology is Microsoft's view of open source, and even that has been curiously underwhelming. I hope I had something to do with the Animated PNG format taking off, but I wonder if that would have happened anyhow.

bitcoin

#52 Post by bitcoin »

webfork wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:26 pm
Zero3K wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:48 pm I have made a new forum for it.
While I'm fond of my own arguments, I'm not upset when they didn't sway people. Still, there's a pretty strong consensus forming with the Kickstarter cancellation and with a long thread of people on Reddit this is very problematic. I now wonder what would change your mind about pursuing this.
from that Reddit thread:
For reference, Mozilla spends about $280M per year to develop Firefox
wow