8 years on PFWC

Any other tech-related topics
nickoftime

Re: 8 years on PFWC

#31 Post by nickoftime »

... and we are glad that you stuck around over the past 8 years. A million thanks for your work on this site. We all appreciate you!

Cheers!

juverax

#32 Post by juverax »

:) Here ... almost 11 years on PFW, even though the forum says "juverax Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018", that is almost 4 years ago,
actually I joined in 2011 as "juvera Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011".
One day, for an unknown reason I lost access to the forum, ... I tried various things including changing the password - it did not work and access was still denied - I emailed andrew, and did not get a reply .... clearly I was left with the only option to create a new account .... juvera became juverax with the same original password (easy to verify that the two passwords (hashes?) are identical ).
I don't mind if the date for joining the forum is restored to Oct 2011 :) :)

Midas

#33 Post by Midas »

Congrats fly out to both Andrew and webfork for creating and supporting TPFC for so long. 8)

One of the main reasons the site's appeal never wanes is the fact that if I stick around long enough a solution for whatever computing problems I'm facing always shows up. So, there is that to explain for the old-timers, IMHO...

Andrew Lee

#34 Post by Andrew Lee »

webfork wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:02 am Yeah just run this two more years and you've got a two-decade project. Wow.
Midas wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:08 am Congrats fly out to both Andrew and webfork for creating and supporting TPFC for so long. 8)
I think it bears repeating that this is truly a community-led project, particularly the old timers (you know who you are) who help to keep things together and gently push the site along. I am extremely happy to be part of this community.

Let's strive for at least 2 more years! :lol: