Forum functionality

Any other tech-related topics
cmmehl

Forum functionality

#1 Post by cmmehl »

I have two small issues with this forum:

- I don't get email notifications anymore for the threads to which I have contributed (since about a week or so)

- whenever I want to write something, I have to log in, the setting "remember me" (or whatever it's called) doesn't work. And yes - cookies may reside on my computer ;-)

Nothing really serious, but would be nice if it could be looked after some time.

Cheers
Chris

sproaticus

#2 Post by sproaticus »

Check out the URL when you log in. Both the www.portablefreeware.com/forums and portablefreeware.com/forums will work. The first one (with www) is linked from the main page, but for some reason I can only successfully log in to the second one (without www.)

cmmehl

#3 Post by cmmehl »

I was talking about the situation when I want to post. Reply or new thread - leads me to the address without the www.

I have actually no problem to log-in, but the function "Log me on automatically each visit" doesn't seem to work, so I have to do log-in each time anew once I have closed my browser.

Hope it's clearer now. Not a big deal anyways.

Cheers
Chris

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

Just tested both function with Firefox Portable 2.0 and they seem to be working properly.
I don't get email notifications anymore for the threads to which I have contributed (since about a week or so
Created test post as Andrew, login as another test user, reply to post, got my notification email.

Any chance a newly-installed spam filtering system is siphoning off your mails?
whenever I want to write something, I have to log in, the setting "remember me" (or whatever it's called) doesn't work. And yes - cookies may reside on my computer
Login as Andrew, close browser, start browser again, remembered as Andrew.

Anyone got the same problem as cmmehl?[/quote]

cmmehl

#5 Post by cmmehl »

Darnit. Now it works. Of course. Shouldn't have complained - Murphy's law. Could the reason be that I use proxies sometimes, and sometime not, but always on the same computer?

Anyway, sorry for the false alarm. For the notifications, we will see if they work - sometimes they do, sometimes not.

Greetings
Chris

cmmehl

#6 Post by cmmehl »

Yuck!
Settings didn't survive the night - I had to log in again this morning!

Don't understand what's going on here. But it seems I'm the only one with this issue ... I can actually live with it, FF reliably fills in my credentials, so it's only a minor delay. But strange it is ...

Cheers
Chris