Your best contribution to the database

Any other tech-related topics
lautrepay

Your best contribution to the database

#1 Post by lautrepay »

Which one do you consider is your best contribution to the database?
And which application that you've submitted and has not yet been added do you think deserves a place in the database?

webfork

Re: Your best contribution to the database

#2 Post by webfork »

lautrepay wrote:Which one do you consider is your best contribution to the database?
And which application that you've submitted and has not yet been added do you think deserves a place in the database?
  • Best contribution: Advanced Onion Router - great program, great license, and does other Tor clients one better by forcing processes to stay within the Tor network rather than relying on an effective proxy.
  • Should get added: muCommander - the main complaint about this was the lack of a search program (which is valid), but it has so many features and a nifty file transfer window (with really cool transfer speed readout and controls). There aren't many cross platform file managers, and this one is pretty sweet.
    • I haven't championed it real hard because I don't use a separate file manager outside of Windows Explorer. I spent a lot of time trying to make a go of Double Commander, but it never quite took over. Anything I'm not actively using doesn't have high priority for me. This program is more useful for Mac, which is moronic and annoying about while files it thinks you should/shouldn't know about.

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

I don't use it but BleachBit has been quite successful.

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

@webfork

Emphasis added.
Which one do you consider is your best contribution to the database?
1. Rufus and QTranslate
2. There are a few useful submissions around but I am just too lazy to add to TPFC ( :roll: :wink: )

abc

#5 Post by abc »

lautrepay wrote:Which one do you consider is your best contribution to the database?
None. I would contribute If I could though. I need a bajillion forum posts until then :evil:

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

abc,

You only need 50 the last time I checked to edit, I think it's 0 if you want to add.
Last edited by guinness on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

lautrepay

#7 Post by lautrepay »

@webfork: My apologies because the questions were not intelligible enough. Sometimes my english betrays me.
And thanks to I am Baas for the clarification.

With no intentions of answer the first question for you, I think BlueGriffon is a great contribution, but perhaps there's another app in the database suggested by you that you consider more relevant.
By the way, muCommander should be consider stealth, since Local/Temp is an official temporary folder...

guinness wrote:I don't use it but BleachBit has been quite successful.
IMHO, ProEject has the potential to be as successful as BleachBit (or more).
And what about the second question? You've got a lot of interesting submissions...

I am Baas wrote: 1. Rufus and QTranslate
I think Calibre would not appear out of place on this group.
I am Baas wrote:2. There are a few useful submissions around but I am just too lazy to add to TPFC ( :roll: :wink: )
I've got 4 or 5 in my sight for future additions. :wink:

abc wrote:None. I would contribute If I could though. I need a bajillion forum posts until then :evil:
You don't need a minimum number of posts to add an application to the database. Even with 0 post you're able to do that.
All you need is an app that has not yet been added, either your own finding or other user suggestion.

I am Baas

#8 Post by I am Baas »

lautrepay wrote:I've got 4 or 5 in my sight for future additions. :wink:
:?:

lautrepay

#9 Post by lautrepay »

I am Baas wrote:
lautrepay wrote:I've got 4 or 5 in my sight for future additions. :wink:
:?:
WinSize2, Free QR Creator, BandiZip, QupZilla, AltDrag or KDE Mover-Sizer, etc. Sadly, EasyHash's website is down.

SYSTEM

#10 Post by SYSTEM »

Chromium Portable
lautrepay wrote: And which application that you've submitted and has not yet been added do you think deserves a place in the database?
There are none. 8-)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020