Cryptocurrency

Any other tech-related topics
joby_toss

Cryptocurrency

#1 Post by joby_toss »

I never understood how you can make money out of nothing (meaning not backed up by anything, no gold, no oil, no natural resources etc.) and I am a firm believer that this cryptocurrency craze will not withstand the test of time (its real back-bone is the gullibility of its users, a finite resource, in my eyes).

I know it's an old article (Jan. 2022), but I just found it today and it's a good read:
https://vivaldi.com/blog/why-vivaldi-wi ... thinkcoin/
Jon von Tetzchner wrote:It’s a topic that is practically inescapable these days, whether online or off. But when it comes to cryptocurrency, all that virtually glimmers is not gold. ...

SYSTEM

Re: Cryptocurrency

#2 Post by SYSTEM »

Fully agreed. Cryptocurrencies don't generate any wealth, they only shift it around. Everyone who has won big and bought multiple houses or whatever with "their" new wealth have done it with money from people like this. They're not a good thing for our society.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

Re: Cryptocurrency

#3 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:31 am I know it's an old article (Jan. 2022), but I just found it today and it's a good read
it's worth stating that this is a short version of why the Vivaldi browser isn't going to go down the same road as some other browsers, notably Brave.

And I can't provide much counter to the suggestions so far. I don't have a lot of faith in cryptocurrency as noted in a bundleware note earlier this year, and recent events haven't changed my mind.
Last edited by webfork on Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.