Screenshot Captor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Re: Screenshot Captor

#16 Post by joby_toss »

I am Baas wrote:Did you tell DC (mouser) about the RtColorPicker registry key?
Only now...
I am Baas wrote:I was referring to these two files; ScreenshotCaptor.dcupdate and ScreenshotCaptor.dcupdateredirect. Are they needed for the built-in update checker? They were not portable last time I checked.
These 2 files are needed, but they are included in the archive and they "stay" there.

webfork

#17 Post by webfork »

Some usage notes:

I tested this out and my experience was sort of mixed: as advertised, this program has a TON of features, but also a little overwhelming.  There was a big tendency in the design for the author to explain many of the settings inside of windows, which takes up a lot of real estate. Not very intuitive.

On the other end of the spectrum is Greenshot, which has dramatically fewer features, but is just simple, easy, and fast. Still, I'll miss some of those power features but ultimately one of these programs I can use up at work and one of them I can't so I guess that's what it came down to.

SYSTEM

#18 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote: Still, I'll miss some of those power features but ultimately one of these programs I can use up at work and one of them I can't so I guess that's what it came down to.
See http://www.donationcoder.com/commercial/:
If you're just an individual using our software (whether at home or at the office), you don't need a commercial site license, and you can use our software without charge -- though we do encourage donations.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote: If you're just an individual using our software (whether at home or at the office), you don't need a commercial site license, and you can use our software without charge -- though we do encourage donations
Huh. I evidently just glanced over Joby's license notice.

Thanks.

Midas

#21 Post by Midas »

@ll: please review my comment at Screenshot Captor (currently private) database entry, www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2412#comment26299...

webfork

#22 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote:@ll: please review my comment at Screenshot Captor (currently private) database entry, http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.p ... mment26299...
Thanks for adding but I'm still inclined to agree with Baas ... this is still registerware.

webfork

#23 Post by webfork »

Scrolling capture note

After hearing about how important it was for years now, I finally tested the "scrolling" feature (grab an image that takes up more than the current screen) in this program. I was trying to get a Visio file into an image format (the default export tools suck*) and it did a fairly good job except for capturing the ruler and tab structure at the bottom.

I wish I'd taken a screencap of this to demonstrate but what was great about this program is that it tried to grab EVERYTHING both horizontally and vertically. There are a TON of settings packed into this. I've been annoyed by Screenshot Captor as the interface is a bit overloaded, but I can't deny that this is a really powerful program.

---

* I later found out that you just have to increase the Resolution to about 300 x 300 in the export window prompt. Sigh.

DarkShadow

#24 Post by DarkShadow »

v4.9.1 (Oct 10, 2014) released !

Checker

#25 Post by Checker »

@ DarkShadow: Thanks ... and updated :wink:

webfork

#26 Post by webfork »

The developer of screenshot captor put together an automatic screenshot capture tool that If you're looking to take automatic screenshots of specific applications or basically filter out screenshots of all the apps you don't want:

Automatic Screenshotter

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ascreenshotter.html
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/ ... index.html

It's probably portable but I'm threading this under the existing Screenshot Captor topic just because I haven't seen a lot of interest for auto-capture tools like this one over time.

webfork

#27 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:30 pmThe developer of screenshot captor put together an automatic screenshot capture tool
Mouser put together another variant on his existing screenshot tools, this one a command-line based program that is likely the lightest of the lightweight screenshot tools since it's operations run and then close.

Minicap
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/MiniCap/

This could also function with other automation tools to build a fairly intelligent screencap process on par with ShareX automation tools.

webfork

#28 Post by webfork »

In part to celebrate the enormous functionality the author has put into this program, I posted an updated entry that hopefully better details the full list of features in this program. If anyone on the forum catches a glaring omission, please let me know.