Argente Utilities

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Toxteth O'Grady

Argente Utilities

#1 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

http://argentesoftware.blogspot.com/
The website is in Spanish, but the program is in English.

A large collection of tools in a single program.

Registry Cleaner
Privacy Cleaner
Disk Cleaner

Uninstall manager
Startup Manager
Process Manager
System optimizer

Spyware Cleaner
Spyware Immunize
System Manager
System Repair

Argente Tools:
Calculator
CRC&MD5 verificator
File Encrypt
File Renamer
File Shredder
FTP Manager
Icon Extractor
Image Converter
Password generator
Split & Join
Text encrypt
USB Safe Remover

JohnW

Re: Argente Utilities

#2 Post by JohnW »

Thanks Toxteth O'Grady
This looks a good find with something to please everyone.
Good find!

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

Argente Utilities 1.0.3.1
  • Historial de la versión 1.0.3.1:
    - Nuevo: Funcional en sistemas 64 bits.
    - Nuevo: Actualizado el módulo Registry Cleaner a la versión 2.0.0.5 completamente compatible con sistemas 64 bits (Sólo escanea el registro en modo 32 Bits, en la próxima versión lo escaneará en 32/64 bits).
    - Nuevo: Actualizado el módulo Uninstall Manager a la versión 2.5.0.7 completamente compatible con sistemas 64 bits.
    - Nuevo: Actualizado el módulo StartUp Manager a la versión 2.5.0.1 completamente compatible con sistemas 64 bits.
    - Nuevo: Actualizado el módulo Process Manager a la versión 2.0.0.1 completamente compatible con sistemas 64 bits.
    - Nuevo: Funcional la opción de reportes de falsos positivos en Spyware Cleaner.
    - Corregido: Error en el actualizador de la aplicación con bases de datos duplicadas.
    - Corregido: Múltiples errores de código interno.
    - Corregido: Otros cambios y optimizaciones.

Cambios en la versión 1.0.3.1:
    - Corregido: Falso positivo de Spyware Cleaner en sistemas 64 bits.
I know it's Spanish, but it's very intuitive! :)

It's portable, but I'd like a second opinion on this version (saves settings in its own folder, but modifies the registry if you use some modules that are supposed to do just that, like the registry cleaner).

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Wow. An absolute ton of basic tools and capabilities in only 10 megs of system space: that's hard to beat. However, I can't really find anything that is completely unique and or something that's not already here and better on PFW. I can't seem to find any reviews that suggest, for example, that their system optimizer is one of the best. Still, this would be a good introduction to portable software and its nice to have some of these applications available as a backup in case another program gets corrupted or something.

Other notes:

* The Privacy Cleaner tries to delete "read emails." Its fine that this option is available but it should not be enabled by default. I never, never, never want to delete all my read email unless its a throwaway account.
* The registry backup-restore system seems simple and straightforward. Also seems to manage system restore points (I don't use this feature and didn't want to enable it for a full test.)
* The System Optimization tool was great -- put an easy-to-understand face on system services.

lautrepay

#5 Post by lautrepay »

I added Argente - Registry Cleaner to the database.
If it's useful for you, vote @ http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2351.

Administrator rights is listed as a requirement, although I still think is a questionable issue.

Registry cleaners, such as alcoholic beverages, must be consumed with caution and moderation.
That said, I consider this utility as one of the most reliable, between both free and commercial software.

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

joby_toss wrote:It's portable, but I'd like a second opinion on this version (saves settings in its own folder, but modifies the registry if you use some modules that are supposed to do just that, like the registry cleaner).
Tested: Portable

It does add some fonts to the %TEMP% folder on Windows XP, Segoe UI and Arial_1 to be exact. No idea why they can't use the default Windows fonts?

smaragdus

#7 Post by smaragdus »

New version of Argente Utilities- 1.0.6.5, has been released.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

The 2.0 alpha version is out. Probably don't want to update the entry yet, but just glad to see this.

https://argenteutilities.com/