PeStudio

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Re: PeStudio

#31 Post by joby_toss »

I saw that, but I don't want to send a message just to get an answer like it costs 300 USD or something else... A little more info would have been nice.

billon

#32 Post by billon »

Now i'm sure we must not update it and add some comment in the entry about latest version with limited functionality, so if somebody want he can get it.
And think about alternative download location if dev will remove previous versions

I am Baas

#33 Post by I am Baas »

joby_toss wrote:I saw that, but I don't want to send a message just to get an answer like it costs 300 USD or something else... A little more info would have been nice.
You were not far off...
2016-05-14_110527.jpg
Details at https://www.winitor.com/tools/pestudio/ ... rsions.pdf (PDF)

joby_toss

#34 Post by joby_toss »

Yeah... I do that sometimes... :(

Anyway, I wish Mr. Marc Ochsenmeier all the best!

billon

#35 Post by billon »

He removed latest fully functional free version 8.51 from his site, only v. 8.49 left - https://winitor.com/tools/previous/pestudio849.zip
:evil:

Please downvote everybody who voted up
Summon webfork finally here

smaragdus

#36 Post by smaragdus »

@billon
I managed to get PeStudio version 8.51 from Archive.Org, direct download link, if needed I can upload it.

billon

#37 Post by billon »

smaragdus, thank you, i have 8.51
what to do with entry?

guinness

#38 Post by guinness »

To think this app sparked the whole debate back many years ago on frequent updates within a short period of time. What a trip down memory lane that was!

Enternal

#39 Post by Enternal »

I am Baas wrote:
joby_toss wrote:I saw that, but I don't want to send a message just to get an answer like it costs 300 USD or something else... A little more info would have been nice.
You were not far off...
2016-05-14_110527.jpg
Details at https://www.winitor.com/tools/pestudio/ ... rsions.pdf (PDF)
Woah the price is a bit... insane... Not only that, I sure hope that's it's not 279 Euro PER YEAR just to use it.

__philippe

#40 Post by __philippe »

An enthusiast PEstudio supporter wrote a detailed, illustrated primer about the free "standard" version features,
which goes some way to mitigate the lack of a customary developer's product documentation.

Every section (save a couple) listed on PEstudio left-side menu is discussed, some in fairly pedestrian terms,
some other given a reasonably elaborate pertinent treatment.

Might prove helpful to new users of the tool: PEstudio (standard edition) Primer

__philippe

#41 Post by __philippe »

__philippe wrote:An enthusiast PEstudio supporter wrote a detailed, illustrated primer about the free "standard" version features,
which goes some way to mitigate the lack of a customary developer's product documentation. (*)
(*) Apt illustration of the irreverent precept :

"Never bother toiling right away on a task someone else might gladly tackle tomorrow... "     ;-)

__philippe

#42 Post by __philippe »

PEstudio free vs PEstudio PRO versions

Are pretty colors worth the current EUR 79 asking price for the Pro version yearly license ? Your guess is as good as mine... :roll:

Last edited by __philippe on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

webfork

#43 Post by webfork »

I know software pricing is a difficult thing and I can see someone making the suggestion that it's only $6/month but ... *shrug*

Midas

#44 Post by Midas »

Topic update: PeStudio Standard v9.55 released (changelog at https://www.winitor.com/tools/pestudio/changes.log).