Akelpad is a plain text editor designed to be small and fast. Unicode support, both single-document and tabbed interfaces, unlimited file size and multi-level undo are just a few of the many features this editor offers.
Alternatively, AkelPad Portable portablizes recent files and search history and has both the 32- and 64-bit versions together and chooses the right one. X-AkelPad is also available.
|Writes settings to:
||Yes. If you set Recent Files and Search History to 0 as these are stored in the registry.
||Yes. Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/Vista/7)
||Requires manual entry of drive-less absolute path (eg. \docs\personal\work.doc without the drive letter)
|How to extract:
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- In AkelPad.exe folder, use a Unicode-aware editor to create AkelPad.ini with four lines:
- Save AkelPad.ini as a Unicode-encoded file
- Launch AkelPad.exe
- Command 4194 - paste text taking into account selection case.
- Optional parameter for change case commands 4175-4180:
1 - change case for current word if no selection.
- (?options) possibility to set options for groups individually.
- (?>pattern) atomic grouping.
- Possibility to use lookbehind search in conditional pattern, for example, "(?(?<=a)b|c)".
- Now "AkelAdmin.exe" provides the ability to modify a file on disk root (UAC).
- To directly open the *.lnk or *.url from file open dialog, need to click on "Open" button while holding Ctrl.
- Mixing caret and active column colors with background.
- Metacharacters \w and \W usage in character set .
- Possibility in file open/save dialog to specify NTFS file stream or path containing backslashes.
- "Search finished" not displayed when cycle searching from the document beginning.
- Flag 4 of manual parameter "ShowModify" - modification displaying disappeared when switching between tabs (PMDI).