Duplicati is a feature-rich backup client that allows user store compressed, encrypted backups locally or on a variety of remote services. The program can save bandwidth and disk writes by only backing up the parts of a file that have changed since the last backup. It can backup open/running programs, on demand or scheduled, and can run in the background with bandwidth and process priority limits to avoid interfering with other applications. Includes support for backups to Amazon S3, Windows Live SkyDrive, Google Drive (Google Docs), Rackspace Cloud Files or WebDAV, SSH and FTP.
Note that as portable software, it necessarily does not run at system startup so the available scheduling tools cannot function unless the program is actually running. To manually run a backup, just start the wizard and select "Run a backup immediately".
Cross platform (Mac/Linux) with available command-line tools.
Languages: Spanish, French, German, Danish, Portugese, Italian, and Chinese.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8 / Wine
|Writes settings to:
|How to extract:
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice and launch Duplicati.exe --portable-mode
- When the Setup Wizard window appears, click "Cancel"
- Right-click the task bar item and select "Options"
- In the "Advanced" tab - modify the following:
Temporary Folder: %DUPLICATI_HOME%\temp
Signature Cache: %DUPLICATI_HOME%\Signature Cache
- Left-click the task bar icon to restart the Backup Wizard
- Added: Log file now shows when target server was not available (r1346)
- Added: After waking up from hibernation, Duplicati pauses for 5 minutes like at startup to grant the system some time to fully recover (r1343 + r1354)
- Added: Support for symlinks and NTFS junctions ( issue #144 ). Advanced options allow to store|follow|ignore symlinks with store being the default. Look for "symlink-policy" in the advanced options.
- Added: Filters based on file attributes ( issue #577 ). It's now possible to e.g. exclude system files or hidden files. It's part of the advanced options. The option is called "exclude-files-attributes".
- Added: Support for loooong file names under Windows ( issue #320 ). It's now possible to backup files with paths >260 chars.
- Added: Support for Tonido backend ( issue #671 ). We changed the authentication for WebDAV a bit, so that it now works with Tonido.
- Added: Trying to speed up VSS under Windows XP with r1413. This is an attempt to solve issue #435 .
- Fixed: German translation updated ( issue #657 ). We received a few improvements and added these now.
- Fixed: Unable to translate Unicode character \uDC63 at index 72 to specified code page ( issue #480 )
- Fixed: Only single volume uploaded (introduced in build 1388 and fixed in r1437 and r1438), issue #692
- Fixed: Infinite number of empty volumes created if last file spans volumes (introduced in build 1348 by r1437), issue #693
- Fixed: workaround for crash that occurred after backups were completed (r1452)
- Fixed: handling of invalid file timestamps for S3 (r1450)
- Fixed: Upload issue with Google Drive ("Failed to upload file"), issue #637
- Fixed: Donation link lead to Danish page (r1388). This is now in English. Feel free to try that out and see if it stays English when you make a donation ;-) If you do not like Paypal, you can also send Bitcoin. Our wallet is 1ADgoUoE9uN725Ypeh9M9WTKFLJzfWWMBh