Checksum Control is an easy to use utility to generate and verify SFV and MD5 checksums on groups of files. The program employs a wizard interface to walk through the process of creating or verifying sets of files. It has advanced options on handling renaming of bad files and how to handle the files in memory while processing.
Checksum Control Portable is a wrapper version of this software. Functional on 64-bit systems.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
||Automatic relative path (eg. ..\..\personal\work.doc)
|How to extract:
Download the portable installer and install to a folder of your choice. Launch ChecksumControlPortable.exe.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Program was crashing during lookup for his ini file , when the ini file is within a localized folder (E.g: SPnaish : Configuraci�n local).
- Fixed bug (Windows) Program was crashing by installing a theme file into a localized folder.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Program was crashing by installing a language file, into a localized folder.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Not able to create the needed folder "icon" under a localized folder.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Not able to create the needed folder "languges" under a localized folder.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Program was crashing when trying to open or create the program ini file under a localized folder.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Not able to save log file into a localized folder.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Theme file lookup not working wihtin a loclaized folder.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Language file lookup not working wihin a localized folder.
- Fixed bug counting wrong amount of files in tool menu if a directory has no read or write permission and user removed this directory from selection list.
- Fixed bug counting wrong amount of files if one or more files was missing. (They was counted too)
- Fixed bug displaying wrong permission (locked) on all files if the pathname exceeded 255 chars.
- Fixed bug not writing the checksum file if filepath exceeded 255 chars. (Note : Windows still limits paths to 255 chars)
- Fixed bug allowing a user to continue if all files are locked (No read permission)
- Fixed bug where "refresh" from popup menu does not respected directory permission in tool menu.
- Fixed bug not displaying the correct amount of files if a direcotry got removed from file selection browser.
- Fixed bug adding twice the same directory after it got first removed and later then refreshed.
- Fixed bug not displaying the correct amount of files if hidden files got en/disabled.
- Fixed bug displaying wrong amount of files if a directory got filterd out.
- Fixed problem with counting file filtered entries if a directory which contained the filter got removed.
- Fixed bug "Directory access denied" message in verify mode if in popup menu "hidden" files got turned on or off , and no directory was setuped before.
- Fixed bug displaying diffrent permission if a direcotry is not accessable.
- Fixed bug not displaying the correct amount of files if import mode button was clicked.
- Fixed bug under tool menu, MD-5 function allowed selecting of all MD-5 types even if it is disabled under settings.
- Fixed bug on MD-5 type selection menu , where changes does not became active immediately if MD-5 types was changed under the settings.
- Fixed bug which could lead to program exception if directory or filefilter filtered out all files/directories.
- Fixed bug applying direcotry filter on files too, not only directories.
- Fixed bug on custom filename if user entered filename with extension (sfv/md) (e.g. Test.sfv) the filepath was added to the filename twice, preventing wrting of the sfv/md5 file.
- Fixed bug where under some rare circumstances a SFV file was dedected as MD-5 V1 one.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Root folders in treeview has had "lock" status.
- Fixed bug (Windows) Drag&Drop not accepted Windows network drives directly (without assigning them to a drive letter) (drives such as "\\Network")
- Fixed bug under Tool Menu where folder filter was not enabled but folders was still filterd if enabled.
- Fixed bug with popup menu button "Refresh" under "Tool-Menu" : Both filters was applyed (file+folder) for "Verify" and "Timer" mode, but only "folder filter" should be allowed.
- Fixed problem with Date&Time of a folder under Windows, no more ??? there.
- Changed : Do not prompt user if timer mode is active and a file delete failed. (Log only)
- Changed : Do not prompt user if timer mode is active and a file rename failed. (Log only)
- Changed : Do not prompt user if an I/O error appears when timer mode is active. (Log only)
- Changed : Do not include "symlinks" (softlinks) into a treescan, this prevents adding / counting files/directories twice. ( Linux / Windows Vista & Windows 7/8)
- Fixed bug when first a timer scan was executed and later then a not timer operation was executed, still the timer page was displayed instaed of the statistic page.
- Fixed bug where program got not terminated if verify operation was started from commandline and user selectecd "cancel" in case of an I/O error. (Main Menu was displayed instead)
- Fixed bug Index out of bounds crash in TreeView if tool menu was selectecd during commandline verify
- Fixed Problem with duplicate installed languages.
- New : Added "Ignore All" button - in case of an I/O error, all errors can be ignored at once.
- New : Speed improvements for applying file & direcotry filters.
- New : Drag&Drop support in tool menu functions
- New : Complete new translation system , should be more easy to translate the nls files to diffrent languages now.
- New : Display progress during applying filters.
- New : Filtered file items can now be viewed inside the file filter dialog.
- New : Filtered directories can now be viewed inside the directly filter dialog.
- New : Display amount filtered files inside the filer button caption.
- New : Display amount filtered folders inside the filer button caption.
- New : Display warning message if all files are locked (No read permission)
- New : Put message "Rename failed" to messagelog if renameing of a file failed.
- New : View filters for filtering out only bad/skiped/i-o error files.
- New : Added option menu button for timer mode scan, where already scanned folders can be left out from scanning.