X-Mind is a mind-mapping, flowchart, organizational chart, and diagramming program. It can be used for brain storming, illustrating or categorizing ideas, note taking, conceptualizing, and more. It supports drag-and-drop of elements, export to many different formats, and is compatible with most other mind-mapping programs.
Some advanced functions are restricted to the pro version.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Eclipse Public License 1.0
|How to extract:
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- If not planning to run on other operating systems, delete XMind_Linux, XMind_Linux_64bit, and XMind_Mac_OS_X
- If you are sure you'll have Java installed on any machine you use, you can delete the XMind_Windows\JRE folder (thanks mc)
- Launch \XMind_Windows\xmind.exe
- Redesign the licensing/activation flow.
- Redesign the update information dialog.
- Show loading indicator at splash screen.
- Record XMind product version information into XMind files.
- Save file blackups automatically in the "Black Box" view.
- Dynamic menus don't show correctly on Ubuntu 13.10.
- Fail to import Mindjet files.
- Subtopics should follow their parents' colors rather than "Multi Branch Colors".
- Fail to change the width of the topic.
- Fail to export to PDF/Word file successfully when two topics have the same content or there is one blank floating topic.
- Fail to keep topics notes' background color when exporting to Word/PDF/RTF.
- "Invalid thread access" error when export to Word/PPT.
- Fail to enter full screen in brainstorming mode.
- Error occurred when creating hyperlink in brainstorming mode.
- Fail to clear the duration settings at task info view.
- Fail to display the numbering correctly on exported Word files.
- Fail to find and replace the last target words within one sheet.