X-Mind is a mind-mapping, flowchart, organizational chart, and diagramming program. It can be used for brain storming, illustrating or categorizing ideas, note taking, conceptualizing, and more. It supports drag-and-drop of elements, export to many different formats, and is compatible with most other mind-mapping programs.
Some advanced functions are restricted to the pro version.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7
|Writes settings to:
Eclipse Public License 1.0
|How to extract:
- Download the Portable ZIP version from web site and extract to a folder of your choice
- If not planning to run on other operating systems, delete XMind_Linux, XMind_Linux_64bit, and XMind_Mac_OS_X
- If you are sure you'll have Java installed on any machine you use, you can delete the XMind_Windows\JRE folder (thanks mc)
- Open \XMind_Windows\xmind.exe
- New business model
- New Gantt Chart
- Search content in xmind file on Mac via spotlight
- Spellcheck view
- Qiucklook attachment/image on Mac
- Eclipse 3.7.2
- 'Double click to open' works better and more stable
- Support dragging file onto XMind icon to open on Mac
- Portrait/Landscape options in 'Page Setup' dialog
- New 'Extract and Apply' option after extracting theme.
- Improve file save/open process
- Improved performance after enabling auto save
- Show proper error message after failure to export to PDF(map)
- 'Upload' is renamed to 'Share'
- While saving the preview image in xmind file, save file's center position at the same time.
- Default format of preview image changed to PNG
- The Open dialog points to Documents folder when being first used, and points to last time path in future usage.
- Drill down into a topic, the Gantt chart shows only the current map's topics.
- Internal browser works well on windows
- Map won't scroll automatically when selecting multiple elements.
- When opening a .xmind file using double click, no extra blank map will be open.
- Use platform-specific solution to open file hyperlink/attachment.
- Find/Replace no longer messes across editor and notes view.
- When closing XMind, unsaved workbooks will be asked to save one by one instead of an aggregate dialog.
- Improve the shortcuts under Brainstorming mode
- Improve the proxy settings
- Improve the new file dialog
- Many other improvements, like new splash, new about dialog
- Can't drag file into xmind as attachment on linux.
- Default color of Notes view is white on linux.
- Moving multiple floating topics at the same time, they will lose the relative postion.
- In a drilled down map, after moving the central topic and a floating topic at the same time, the central topic will be lost when drilled back up.
- Ctrl+s can not save the file in brainstorming mode
- The date info in Taskinfo view does not update if always let xmind open
- The status of new imported map from MindManager/FreeMind is saved. User can not save it directly unless making one modification.
- Yes/No icons in Freemind become question mark marker after importing.
- If there are topic links between sheets, xmind failed to export map to PDF(document).
- Quotation marks in labels will cause exporting to Word/PPT fail.
- The suggested file name will be not right when exporting a map with a multi-line titled central topic to PDF.
- Spell mistake in the export dialog
- On Windows, if setting the xmind portable as default program of .xmind files and double-clicking .xmind to open it,there will be special folder at the same level with that .xmind file.
- Press shift key to select multiple topics, then copy and paste to another topic, the pasted topics' order is not right.
- Some other small bugs