mtcrypt

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
guinness

mtcrypt

#1 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable
MTCrypt is a simple and efficient front end for mounting/dismounting TrueCrypt volumes. While it does have all the extensive features of the UI that comes with TrueCrypt it is intended to be much more nimble then the large GUI in TrueCrypt , especially for new and casual users of disk encryption. It is simply a tool that installs alongside Truecrypt and is not a replacement.
Limitation: TrueCrypt must be installed, but considering it's Open Source and written in AutoIt, this shouldn't be to difficult change in the Code.
Download: http://code.google.com/p/mtcrypt/

webfork

Re: mtcrypt

#2 Post by webfork »

Excellent. Given that it uses very simple functions, it doesn't look like it will break with TrueCrypt updates, either. I have multiple batch files set up to do what this program will do in a few clicks.

Man, lots of good programs to test today.

guinness

Re: mtcrypt

#3 Post by guinness »

Cool use of Batch Scripting webfork. I tend to use a custom AutoIt Script (which I haven't released publicly.)

This is my poor attempt at creating a Batch Script, place in the same location as TrueCrypt.exe or change "Set TrueCrypt" & "Set Path". It works in that when you double-click on the Batch File (e.g. Mount.bat,) it will Mount the TrueCrypt Container, if the Batch File (e.g. Mount.bat,) is double-clicked again it will automatically Dismount. Another feature is if you add EjectUSB to the same directory as TrueCrypt and remove "REM" on the line that executes EjectUSB in Dismount, this will close all programs running from the Drive (e.g. Y:\)

Plus, if you remove "REM" from "Del %0" it will delete the Batch File on Dismount, it might be useful for someone?! :S

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
Set Drive=Y
Set Path="TrueCrypt"
Set TrueCrypt="TrueCrypt.exe"
Set EjectUSB="EjectUSB.exe"

IF EXIST %Drive%: GoTo Dismount
GOTO Mount

:Dismount
REM START /WAIT %EjectUSB% %Drive%:\
%TrueCrypt% /d %Drive% /f /w /q /s
REM Del %0