FileVerifier++

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
guinness

FileVerifier++

#1 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable

Should it be added since there are so many integrity checkers?

Download: http://www.programmingunlimited.net/sit ... gi?page=fv

Wolfghost

Re: FileVerifier++

#2 Post by Wolfghost »

guinness wrote:[Should it be added since there are so many integrity checkers?
Is it restriction time now or...................???? :?

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

No, not at all. :D I haven't added many applications to TPFC, so I wanted to know if users had any objections to this application being added to TPFC.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:No, not at all. :D I haven't added many applications to TPFC, so I wanted to know if users had any objections to this application being added to TPFC.
There are a LOT of file verification / hashing programs here on the site, so it would be nice to have something the others don't. This one appears to have a broad algorithm support and a verification system. So this one looks like its worth the time.

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

OK, thanks WebFork, this was the answer I was looking for :D I think its great to have a unique database, instead of having the same program replicated many times with a different name! (no examples spring to mind!)

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

I am Baas

#7 Post by I am Baas »

Sorry guinness but you will have to adjust your count... http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 691#p24691 :(

guinness

#8 Post by guinness »

OK, didn't see it the DB and it didn't have a separate forum topic, so I presumed it hadn't been added/suggested. Sorry.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:OK, didn't see it the DB and it didn't have a separate forum topic, so I presumed it hadn't been added/suggested. Sorry.
I am Baas wrote:Sorry guinness but you will have to adjust your count... http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 691#p24691 :(
Suggestion count, not testing count.

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

I asked the author a question I thought I'd share here:
is there a way to tweak FileVerifier++ to save individual hash files rather than a hash index file? For example, hashing:

file1.txt
file2.txt

... would create ...

file1.sfv
file2.sfv

I'm trying to put together hashes for individual files.
His response:
This can't be done with the GUI, but can be accomplished with FVC called from a script. There's a somewhat similar example that creates a hash file for each directory (as opposed to a single file). The example is the file fvc-batch.js which is located in the same directory as fvc.exe and fv.exe.