NETTIME

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
I am Baas

NETTIME

#1 Post by I am Baas »

NETTIME - Internet Clock Synchroniser

http://vakitmatik.tripod.com/nettime/index.htm

Requirements: tested on XPSP3
Settings: Application Folder (NETTIME.INI)

Download portable version @ http://vakitmatik.tripod.com/nettime/nettime.zip

guinness

Re: NETTIME

#2 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable

I didn't ADD to TPFC, because I feel there are better programs in TPFC DB which have more UI.
Last edited by guinness on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfghost

#3 Post by Wolfghost »

Please STOP this behaviour guinness, there more of us in this forum you know so maybe want the prog in DB :wink:

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Wolfghost wrote:Please STOP this behaviour guinness, there more of us in this forum you know so maybe want the prog in DB :wink:
I'm not sure, but I think guinness rules all.

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

The reason I don't see it being used ... is this application was last updated in 2000 (thats a millennium in technology years) and it works by cycling from 1 to 125 (list of Time Servers) until it gets a response from the Time Server and then shows a Popup Box to update. So you could be waiting for 10 mins before it successfully connects to a Time Sever. And there is no way to know what is happening.

Neutron or TimeSync have a better setup and are more visual of what is going on.
Please STOP this behaviour guinness, there more of us in this forum you know so maybe want the prog in DB
Adding and Testing programs? OK!
I'm not sure, but I think guinness rules all.
No, once I hit 2000 forum messages then we can revisit your theory webfork. Nice picture as well, it's the correct facial expression.

Edit: Typo!
Last edited by guinness on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joby_toss

#6 Post by joby_toss »

webfork wrote:I'm not sure, but I think guinness rules all.

What's the meaning of this?
If this is a joke, I didn't get it!

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote: What's the meaning of this?
If this is a joke, I didn't get it!
Its just silly. However, guinness is clearly powering the site in terms of new programs and testing. If this place is a meritocracy, he's in charge.

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

Yes, Guinness does a great job!

guinness

#9 Post by guinness »

Cheers guys, but really I am nothing special. :D

Added To TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2041
Vote Now!

carbonize

#10 Post by carbonize »

guinness wrote:The reason I don't see it being used ... is this application was last updated in 2000 (thats a millennium in technology years) and it works by cycling from 1 to 125 (list of Time Servers) until it gets a response from the Time Server and then shows a Popup Box to update. So you could be waiting for 10 mins before it successfully connects to a Time Sever. And there is no way to know what is happening.
AtomicTime has always been my choice of clock setting software and it's not been updated since about 2000, maybe even earlier than that, and yet is still one of the best programs out there. Just saying that just because a program is not updated any more does not stop it being functional and still relevant. Although from what you say about how NetTime works it sounds very poor.

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

OK, Sorry!

webfork

#12 Post by webfork »

carbonize wrote:Just saying that just because a program is not updated any more does not stop it being functional and still relevant.
I totally agree. One of the opportunities of portable software is finding old gems that are more likely to survive new versions of Windows that always maintain increasing levels of incompatibility to old software. Part of my love for this site is that the software listed here are programs that will be there in Windows 8 and 9, or at least easily emulated.

However, having tested 100s of programs here on the site and elsewhere, it should be noted that there is a tendency for latest apps to be better apps.
Last edited by webfork on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (added the "however" bit)