GSpot v2.52 b01 (stable)

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
Hank7

GSpot v2.52 b01 (stable)

#1 Post by Hank7 »

GSpot
current (stable) version: v2.52 b01

from http://www.headbands.com/gspot/:
Though still labeled "beta", this version has remained stable and unchanged since it was last built 15 Sept 2004.

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

Hmmm... but it also says:
Win9x/ME: It is recommended that Win9x/ME users download the stable v2.21 version rather than 2.51 beta. Although the complete inability to open any file on Win9x/ME - a problem introduced with the Unicode changes of beta 8 - has been fixed, there is still only limited support for these OS's in v2.5x. Depending on the complexity involved, this may or may not change in future releases, though unsupported functionality is expected to be grayed out in any final release versions.

Below is an rough summary of which functionality should be expected to work properly: ...

So it seems to me that the 2.51 beta, though stable, still has some kinks that has yet to be work out.

Hank7

oops, didn't see that...

#3 Post by Hank7 »

oh, i did not read that far... they also say
Depending on the complexity involved, this may or may not change in future releases, though unsupported functionality is expected to be grayed out in any final release versions.
After two years of no change at all one could think that they have dropped Win95. Microsoft has.

Well, we'll see when 2.60 goes final...