Sh'elf is an on-demand desktop with drag and drop.
Good for alternate shells, or as a second desktop.
Sh'elf is freeware.
Features and Options
- Desktop view (items on desktop)
- Desktop access (open, rename, view text/image/archive, properties, recycle/delete)
- Shell operations (drag/drop, cut/copy/paste, shell context menu)
- Folder operations (new file/folder, refresh, select all, explore, command shell)
- Command line (inifile, folder)
- Portable (no install, settings in program folder, relative paths, link conversion)
- Language support (unicode, language files for translation)
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions included
Code: Select all
Operation --------- 1) Press F1 for the menu. 2) Sh'elf defaults to the desktop, but will display other folders (Sh'elf->Folder). 3) For recycle bin status, drag a Recycle Bin (shortcut) to Sh'elf. 4) A transparent Sh'elf can take a shortcut to itself (the folder) as a drop target. 5) Portable Sh'elf: edit the shelf.ini [Portable] section - set "convertlinks=TRUE", this does a one-time conversion of existing shortcuts to the portable Sh'elf drive at launch - set "savefolder=FALSE" (or use the "Settings->Save Folder" menu option) - use relative paths for the folder and tools Command Line / Shortcut ----------------------- Usage: shelf [inifile] [folder] | -translate inifile: secondary settings file (filename.ini) overrides shelf.ini folder: the folder to use as the desktop -translate create a language file for translation