iScribe - email client

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

iScribe - email client

#1 Post by webfork »

I noticed an update to the iScribe but for some reason I missed the fact that there's no zip-only distro anymore.

Backed up the version to the last-known portable. Sorry about that.

smaragdus

Re: i.Scribe 2.1 Build 22

#2 Post by smaragdus »

i.Scribe (version 2.1 Build 22) still seems to be portable- after I extracted the installer (iscribe-win32-v2.1.22.exe) and run the executable (Scribe.exe) I got the following screen:

Settings saved inside program folder in ScribeOptions.xml file.

However the new interface looks very ugly:

compared to the old one (version 2.0 Build 74):

Previous version (2.0 Build 74) also seems to be portable:

Because there is no other forum thread dedicated to i.Scribe I will use this one for the database entry.

Midas

Re: iScribe 1.90 fail

#3 Post by Midas »

What irks me the most about i.Scribe interface -- which is otherwise a reasonable enough mail client -- is the non-optional display of text labels for toolbar buttons: e.g., why can't they be turned into on-hover tooltips, preserving valuable vertical screen space?

As for those buttons, they could easily enough be turned into another option -- it's not like the previous scheme is not already available... :?

FTR, i.Scribe database entry is at http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=192...

Falaffel

I.Scribe an Imap

#4 Post by Falaffel »

Hy,

I connected I.Scribe to my Email-Adress via Imap, what I made with every Email-Program since now.
Could it be, thst Inscribe has several problems with Imap, especially the performancy of handling Emails?

When opening an Imapfolder of my Mailbox it needs much time to synchronize alle the Emails in it. Also Inscribe just synchronizes the folders, I manually click once.

When deletingan Email or moving it to another folder the status of the Email is for example "moving" and it will be still "moving several minutes later.

So sadly I uninstalled Inscribe an brought back Thunderbird to my computer.

Are there several tipps to make Inscribe work better with Imap. I have not tried to useit via POP3, so ther is no possibility for me to compare both.

Greetings
Robert

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

@webfork:

Since the present one is in fact the official forum topic for i.Scribe, an edit of the OP subject line is requested to remove version info and improve discoverability. A move to "Submissions" or "Discussions" might be called for, too. Thanks. :)

Midas

Re: I.Scribe an[d?] Imap

#6 Post by Midas »

<DELETED>
Last edited by Midas on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote:Since the present one is in fact the official forum topic for i.Scribe, an edit of the OP subject line is requested to remove version info and improve discoverability. A move to "Submissions" or "Discussions" might be called for, too.
A way overdue change -- thanks.