It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:56 am
Posts: 3
CCleaner is awesome, but it isnt portable. This version is. I found this over at the CCleaner forums.

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=5707

It saves settings to an ini file and all that.
Direct download Here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 am
Posts: 2158
Posted to the database. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:47 am
Posts: 10
Piriform: Error we couldnt find that (error 404)
And I hate to burst your bubble but piriform? Isnt that Pirated Software?

Criminal penalties for first-time offenders can be as high as five years in prison and $250,000 in fines even if the offender didn't do it for monetary or financial commercial gain!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 568
Babyscout19 wrote:
Piriform: Error we couldnt find that (error 404)
And I hate to burst your bubble but piriform? Isnt that Pirated Software?

Criminal penalties for first-time offenders can be as high as five years in prison and $250,000 in fines even if the offender didn't do it for monetary or financial commercial gain!!!!


piriform is derived from the medieval latin - pyrum,
New Latin pyriformis, from pyri-, erroneously from Latin pirum pear + -formis -form

it basically means shaped like a pear.

The file the link referances is obsolete since CCleaner is now natively portable
and it looks like the forum moderators took care of it a long time ago.

_________________
"Defects are always more tolerable than the changes necessary to correct them"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:00 am
Posts: 4118
I am curious as to where they got their assumption that Piriform distribute illegal software?

Edit: I see the user has been banned.

_________________
Added 179 Applications: Portable


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:00 pm
Posts: 1617
Location: Ingolstadt [DE]
Babyscout19 wrote:
... piriform? Isnt that Pirated Software? ...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
Posts: 3886
Location: Sol3
CCleaner is currently v4.16.4763 (changelog at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/version-history).

    CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.

      Image

Download CCleaner latest natively portable build from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds.

Related topics:


Last edited by Midas on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:57 am
Posts: 2902
Location: Romania
Anyone heard about this app? The name and icon resemble very much CCleaner's... in fact, a little too much, if you ask me. It's published on a blog, there doesn't seem to be any company behind, so be careful. I'm curious what Piriform's opinion would be about this...

_________________
My Tox ID


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:06 am
Posts: 1
joby_toss wrote:
Anyone heard about this app? The name and icon resemble very much CCleaner's... in fact, a little too much, if you ask me. It's published on a blog, there doesn't seem to be any company behind, so be careful. I saw on another site that a assault lawyer was using it and he said it is good. But I don't trust a layman's opinion, because they might not know what they are doing. So I wanted to ask here. I wanted to know what Piriform's opinion would be about this...


How did you find this app? Yeah, this pretty much screams "fake". Piriform probably couldn't care less since there won't be a lot of people that will be fooled by this. Seriously, it only has like 2 paragraphs and insists that it can boost system performance and increase free desk space. :lol:


Last edited by lindataylor on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Posts: 7416
Location: US, Texas
From the entry:
Quote:
See the official documentation for information on generating a list of covered programs search for "Export". An unofficial set of community developed cleaning rules can be found here however it should be noted that many of these rules are alpha and the developers will not provide support for these rules, a thread in the users forum is dedicated to supporting the add-on rules.


Could someone explain this? When I click on the "list of covered programs" link it goes to a command-line page. Searching "export" doesn't seem to have anything to do with the second sentence. I'd like to fix, better explain, or cut that.

_________________
Supporting Net Neutrality - BattleForTheNet | Why this matters | More from EFF.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 am
Posts: 1719
Location: Helsinki, Finland
webfork wrote:
From the entry:
Quote:
See the official documentation for information on generating a list of covered programs search for "Export". An unofficial set of community developed cleaning rules can be found here however it should be noted that many of these rules are alpha and the developers will not provide support for these rules, a thread in the users forum is dedicated to supporting the add-on rules.


Could someone explain this? When I click on the "list of covered programs" link it goes to a command-line page. Searching "export" doesn't seem to have anything to do with the second sentence. I'd like to fix, better explain, or cut that.


I decided to cut the first sentence. It indeed has barely anything to do with winapp2.ini.

_________________
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 11th playlist: January 26, 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:57 am
Posts: 2902
Location: Romania
lindataylor wrote:
How did you find this app? Yeah, this pretty much screams "fake". Piriform probably couldn't care less since there won't be a lot of people that will be fooled by this. Seriously, it only has like 2 paragraphs and insists that it can boost system performance and increase free desk space. :lol:

Somehow I didn't see your comment when you posted it, sorry!

It's freakin' listed on Softpedia and it even got the "100% clean" award! I don't know... it still doesn't feel right to me.

_________________
My Tox ID


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 568
SYSTEM wrote:
webfork wrote:
From the entry:
Quote:
See the official documentation for information on generating a list of covered programs search for "Export". An unofficial set of community developed cleaning rules can be found here however it should be noted that many of these rules are alpha and the developers will not provide support for these rules, a thread in the users forum is dedicated to supporting the add-on rules.


Could someone explain this? When I click on the "list of covered programs" link it goes to a command-line page. Searching "export" doesn't seem to have anything to do with the second sentence. I'd like to fix, better explain, or cut that.


I decided to cut the first sentence. It indeed has barely anything to do with winapp2.ini.


Its just out dated info maybe.
I think that was written as winapp2.ini was first introduced by a third party program
and not really an official feature yet.

_________________
"Defects are always more tolerable than the changes necessary to correct them"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 1
CCleaner is no longer a freeware. It is now free only for home usage.

License.txt extract:
"- You may NOT use the Product in corporate or commercial environments."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCleaner Portable
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 am
Posts: 2158
@popol0909: I have updated the license details. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group