Is Opera 10 standard portable or not ? (1)

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
guinness

Re: Is Opera 10 standard portable or not ?

#76 Post by guinness »

Opera Unite
For those who use Opera Unite there is a Addon called Stream media, it can stream any media file from you computer to your friends browser.

Make your own media tube with Opera Unite! Stream video and audio to your friends right in browser. They don't need to download files, just watch them online.

Currently there are only a handful of supported formats: flv, mp3, swf, aif, aiff, aac, au, bmp, gsm, mov, mid, midi, mpg, mpeg, mp4, m4a, psd, qt, qtif, qif, qti, snd, tif, tiff, wav, 3g2, 3gp, ra, ram, rm, rpm, rv, smi, smil, asx, asf, avi, wma, wmv

I have a funny feeling that Opera will eventually be following in the footsteps of Google Chrome, with everything you need right at your fingertips! (this would be welcomed.)

WebM
WebM Project is a Google-sponsored project dedicated to create an open and royalty free video format that provides high quality video compression for use with HTML5 video.
- Wikipedia
Opera have started releasing lab versions of their browser with the WebM video format, with Google, Mozilla and Opera all backing the format it appears this might change the way we view audio/video. Check out the benefits here.

guinness

#77 Post by guinness »

If you want to tweak the SpeedDial and make it less cluttered, check out the HowToGeek tutorial (very simple!)

guinness

#78 Post by guinness »

The creator of Opera Settings Import & Export Tool has a brilliant page showcasing buttons for Opera which can be found here.

guinness

#79 Post by guinness »

More proof that the Opera Browser is the fastest out there on the market - http://www.youtube.com/user/operasoftwa ... aT7thTxyq8

the_watcher

#80 Post by the_watcher »

@guiness:
hahahahaha
indeed, it is!!!
well, after that, i'm not gonna use any other browser ever again! :D

guinness

#81 Post by guinness »

For those who enjoyed the video above, there is some good news, Opera has released 10.60 Alpha 1. Check it out now!
This alpha will give you noticeable gains in performance, an improved user interface (UI), and lots of bug fixes.
There is a UI change and a massive increase in speed, check out =http://clients.futuremark.com/peacekee ... Keeper.com (this is a users test which I discovered in the comments.)

joby_toss

#82 Post by joby_toss »

I did the unthinkable!
I installed this 10.60 alpha version! :roll:

Can't say it's fast as a rocket, but when I started it, a message appeared:
I've just passed by a lightning, get ready!
Gotta love Opera!
:mrgreen:

guinness

#83 Post by guinness »

They are innovative! I can't wait until Opera 10.60 reaches beta and they finally start adding new features. I hope they will add a feature to customise the 'O' to get rid of the 'Menu' label. I like the upgrade of the Speed Dial.
A big plus would be with the RSS feeds that are added to the Bookmark Toolbar, if they could drop down as they do in Firefox. Then I can finally say Opera is the best browser ever, everything you need without adding extensions. Plus the fact all configurations are stored in INI files makes it alot easier than .js files!

joby_toss

#84 Post by joby_toss »

'Like my new menu? :wink:

guinness

#85 Post by guinness »

I like it :D Would have been nice how you did it though, so I searched and found out instead. :D

In en.lng located in local > en find 606160820="Menu" and edit the Menu part to whatever you want. You have to restart the browser for it to take affect. If you leave it blank it will look like the current version (10.53.)

joby_toss

#86 Post by joby_toss »

guinness wrote:I like it :D Would have been nice how you did it though, so I searched and found out instead. :D
Was sure you would! :P

guinness

#87 Post by guinness »

So I passed! :) I love how Opera can display coloured scrollbars, the same as in IE! I've said it before and I will say it again I hope they can replicate RSS Feeds the same as in Firefox and then you have the best Browser in the world. Hopefully Opera Software are listening to TPFC!!

Checker

#88 Post by Checker »

@ joby_toss: Looks nice :!: I will try this out when I'm back on my PC.
BTW: I'm presently locked in with my mobile phone running "Opera 10 mobile" :wink:

guinness

#89 Post by guinness »

Does Opera Mobile go through their proxy to compress the data the same as Opera Mini?

Checker

#90 Post by Checker »

According to their website ... yes.
But "Opera 10 mobile" has much more features and looks better than "Opera mini". I used "Opera mini" too, but now I switched completely to "Opera 10 mobile".