JPECmdline: Redirecting the .ini locations?

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
ZergFood

JPECmdline: Redirecting the .ini locations?

#1 Post by ZergFood »

Hi,

First of all I have to say that jauntePE is an absolutely EXCELLENT program -- even better than VMWare's ThinApp in some respects: easier to edit on-the-fly, and it CAN be run from a Live CD or read-only media (ThinApp doesn't allow read-only registry, it won't even load!).

Anyway now I have a question: I'm using JPECmdline to launch up all my portablized applications (yes I like it as it's flexible, without having to 'build' anything). But I want to put the runtime .ini file one level above the application's exe.

For example, the way I have it NOW is:

Code: Select all

App\Selfimage.exe
App\Selfimage_jauntePE.ini
registry.reg
As you can see, I have already put the registry one level above, because I want to put all jaunePE stuff in some other folder than the app's exe (for easier maintenance). But I cannot, because I *have* to put the .ini in the same folder as the app (or in the same folder as JPECmdline.exe, which isn't what I want either!! JPECmdline is in a totally different folder!).

I looked through the help and it says something like "The runtime ini directory specified in the pipe and/or launch data" -- how do you specify it in a pipe? I call JPECmdline now as:

Code: Select all

start JPECmdline -l -R Selfimage\App\Selfimage.exe
How do I use a 'pipe' to point out to "Selfimage\App" as the runtime .ini location? is it possible with JPECmdline?

crownixx

#2 Post by crownixx »

This is also the hardest part that i still try to digest until now. It is in readme.html > The Runtime Ini
How do I use a 'pipe' to point out to "Selfimage\App" as the runtime .ini location? is it possible with JPECmdline?
Based on logic if we create the Log file, the Pipe Data that redllar is referring to is actually the setting in [Launch]JPERuntimeIni

ZergFood

#3 Post by ZergFood »

Ah so it's not possible. From the manual:
JPE Cmdline does not make use of a launch config ini file, so any [Launch] section settings within an overriding JauntePE runtime config ini file are ignored.
nah this isn't a big problem just a small observation. Thanks for clarifying that :)