cant get program to work

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
red death68

cant get program to work

#1 Post by red death68 »

i have the latest version of jauntePE and i can not get it to work it will run infinantly and never work any ideas y

ps:idk if it matters but i have 256mb of ram

m^(2)

#2 Post by m^(2) »

RAM shouldn't matter.
1. Please describe precisely what did you do. Did you try to run any predefined launcher? Or JauntePE itself?
2. What's your operating system? (please include service pack version)

red death68

#3 Post by red death68 »

windows xp pro 2002 sp2 and i opend the wizard chose installer from my docs than ran it and it just ran infanently for hours till i got ticked and closed it

crownixx

#4 Post by crownixx »

windows xp pro 2002 sp2 and i opend the wizard chose installer from my docs than ran it and it just ran infanently for hours till i got ticked and closed it
You should change your title "cant get installer to work". There are some installer that JauntePE couldn't/will fail to redirect. MS installer will fail to work in JauntePE an example for that is Skype installer. Redllar did not put this info in the readme.html > Introduction > Known Limitations but it can be find in readme.html > The Runtime Ini > Portablizer > Processes and readme.html > Introduction > 12-Step Programs #Handling "no installer" or "can't run installer" situations

red death68

#5 Post by red death68 »

but i cant get to make programs that are already installed portable either thats y i said cant get program to work but the installer i was trying it with was for yahoo messenger 9 if it matters

ZergFood

#6 Post by ZergFood »

You can do it manually, or just put yourself the _Normal2.ini found in Toolbox\Configs folder (of JauntePE of course) and use that, or you have no idea how to do that? (do you know what's a configuration file at least?)

Try to read the examples & documentation first. :)

red death68

#7 Post by red death68 »

i have the file in question but i dont know what you mean by "just put yourself the _Normal2.ini"

lol im a major noob at this program

ZergFood

#8 Post by ZergFood »

JauntePE uses a configuration file that specifies how an application is portablized (what to redirect, etc...) This is a simple .ini file.

How did you make your app portable? Did you follow the tutorial? It should tell you how to use the _Normal2.ini configuration file. It may not be optimized but is sure a good way to test what the app does :P

red death68

#9 Post by red death68 »

i found problem with installer it was runing a ms installer i think it called it but problem with making programs off harddrive still persist the main problem with it is that it takes forever