Muti Virus Cleaner

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
jellyfish

Muti Virus Cleaner

#1 Post by jellyfish »

This is a virus scanner/cleaner. It does not have real-time protection against viruses. As far as i know, it does not write anything anywhere. http://rapidshare.de/files/25652648/Mul ... 6.zip.html

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

Hmm, it added two "LEGACY FASTFAT" entries to the registry (presumably for fast scanning of FAT volumes?) and also displays a nag for the company's Anti-Virus on program exit. What do you think Andrew?

Also, please post official homepages (if possible) and download links, not rapidshare links.

jellyfish

#3 Post by jellyfish »

I knew about the nag on exit, but didnt realize the registry entries. Where exactly did it write them? Ohh and sorry about the rapidshare links. From now on I will only use rapidshare I Modify the files any, k? Or do you suggest another way.

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

I found it here: http://www.viruskeeper.com/us/mvc.htm

I run it under WinXP successfully but couldn't detect the "LEGACY FASTFAT" entries. Which part of the registry did it write to?

I am typically not bothered by a simple advertisement message during exit, as long as it is not too "heavy" or intrusive. I remember there was another app that I added to the database recently that does this, but the name slips my mind for now.

Is this double standard? :? Personally, I am bothered by nag messages that insist on you doing something if you want to continue using the app, eg. send the author a donation in order to get a registration code from him, but I am OK with a simple advertisement window that can be dismissed with a single click when I exit the program.

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have posted Multi Virus Scanner to the database.