server2go

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
4sydney

server2go

#1 Post by 4sydney »

hi everybody

yesterday i found this standalone webserver
Server2Go is a Webserver that runs out of box without any installation. That means it is a webserver that can run directly from cdrom, usb stick or from any folder on harddisk. Server2Go allows you to create a standalone working web site or PHP application on a CD-ROM. Server2Go was primary developed for the usage on CD-ROM but there is no problem use it from other drives too. Using a web browser, a user can run php programs as well as view html files on the CD-ROM. He only need to insert a CD with Server2Go under the supported Windows operations systems. The server starts automaticly and opens a browser with the Website of the CD-ROM.
Server2Go was build to replace a tool called WampOnCD that lacks some important features and isn't activly developed.

Server2Go supports PHP5, SQLite and MySQL.
check it here:

- sorry but i did not really test it before to post -

just noticed "php.ini" and other files in the temporary files
and "the path to that the database should be mirrored" is under "c:\MyS2GApp\Data\"
plus, the default port is 4001
what could be changed in the "pms_confing.ini" file

- that's all i got from now -

i will watch it depper maybe this week-end or at work while get bored
hehe

xx let me know xx