iDump - iPod to PC transfer

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Ameri-CAIN

iDump - iPod to PC transfer

#1 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

I can't believe this is not already in the database! I thought for sure it would be...

iDump

iDump is a standalone tool that enables you to copy all or selected files from your iPod to your PC. It automatically detects your iPod and generates a list of the content from which you can select the files to be copied. iDump supports output templates and can automatically create folders based on the artist and song information. You can also search your iPod by keyword, create a playlist from the selected songs and set rules for unattended transfers. Standalone, can run from your iPod.

Features:
Output formatting
This gives you the option to select an output directory and the way the songs will be transferred.

Unattended Transfer
If you have the pleasure of owning one of the larger iPod's then this option is for you, Simply set the options for this feature and it will deal with common errors like what to do if a song already exist on the destination drive etc.

Search
This does what most searches do, it searches!.

Playlists
If you use playlists on your iPod then this gives you the option to select any of the playlists and display the song within the selected list only.

Export Playlists
This option will export all of your playlists in to the standard .m3u format.

Available Languages
English,German,Spanish.

Screenshot:

Tested OS's:
Win2k,XP,Me,Vista

http://www.codershole.com/idump.php?id= ... b776e95389

Download No Install Exe Version:
http://www.codershole.com/downloads.php ... 95389&dl=5

Ameri-CAIN

#2 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

I am afraid my conviction in this app is so great I am going to have to give this thread a Bump. :D I have had a few iPods, and this gets added to everyone of them. If it hadn't been for this little program, when I rebuilt my sons computer he would have lost all his music that he spent his hard earned chore money on. I told him to back up everything he wanted to keep on an external hard drive before I reformatted his computer. He forgot his ITunes Music Folder! DOH! I downloaded the iDump executable and ran it while his iPod was plugged into the computer. It recognized all the songs on his iPod, and asked what folder I would like to send them to. It created a folder structure based on Artist\Album\ in the Directory I selected and he had all his ITunes music back on his PC. This makes sharing your iPod Music with your friends sooo easy! I really think it should be in the database. Anyone else thats used this program and likes it, please chime in.

Ameri-CAIN

#3 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

If anyone has any feedback on this app it would be much appreciated. I am just curious how it can be ignored. If someone knows something I don't, or if there is a better alternative by all means, please let me know.

lajjal

#4 Post by lajjal »

Great looking app alright, but too bad no support for the iphone since it is also an ipod of sorts. Not surprising really but I was astonished to search their forum and not find one mention of the iphone. Sure wish I could use it but I only have the iphone.

alanbcohen

#5 Post by alanbcohen »

Does this program have any value to users of Windows who use a non-Apple-branded music player (Sansa, Creative, Sony, Coby, etc.)? Since it appears that the program runs on the iPod itself, which is not a Windows box, and that it appears not to run on other Apple devices, it is not likely to meet the requirements for inclusion here

spaztastic

#6 Post by spaztastic »

Does this app work with iPod Touch?

Ameri-CAIN

#7 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

Straight from the Website...
Supported iPods:
All Models except the new Touch and iPhone
They do have a newer version. Build 28 as of Dec 29, 2008.

I don't know why this app keeps getting ignored for a database entry, but I will keep updating those of you that might be interested in a quick (portable) way to dump the contents of your iPod onto a backup drive or a friends computer.

linuxx

#8 Post by linuxx »

"insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

Albert Einstein

MiDoJo

#9 Post by MiDoJo »

Cain, what are the benifits to this as opposed to Yamipod?

I used yami to retrieve a pod stuck in "sync to restore" mode

Ameri-CAIN

#10 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

You can store this little gym of an app on your iPod, and when you go over to your friends house and he says, "Dude, I love that song can you give me a copy?" You can go sure. Plug in your ipod, Run this program, it will list all the songs on your ipod, put a check next to the ones he wants, tell it where to save them to, and let the program run. If you want a straight forward app to copy the songs off your iPod to store elsewhere, this is the app for you. It doesn't play your music, or edit it on the iPod, it just makes a copy of whatever music you want to copy from it, to a new location.

MiDoJo

#11 Post by MiDoJo »

Then I for one Vote for additon to the Database

WOOT
With or without protections (Stupid DRM GRRRRRRRRRRRR)
(I have no iPod but that is an awesome feature)

Ameri-CAIN

#12 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

linuxx wrote:"insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

Albert Einstein
linuxx and Mr. Einstein are correct but I just don't know another method to submit a free portable program to community of portable application users. If I were to submit it to PortableApps.com they would just place it in their wrapper, and it isn't necessary for this program.

Checker

#13 Post by Checker »

Ameri-CAIN wrote:... I just don't know another method to submit a free portable program to community of portable application users. ...
Thank you, for doing it this way.

Rcalbuth

#14 Post by Rcalbuth »

An alternative is Sharepod, also portable

http://www.getsharepod.com/

Ameri-CAIN

iDump Build: 29

#15 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

5th June 2009 - iDump Build: 29

TPFC:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1466

http://www.codershole.com/idump.php?id= ... f822cef519

Change Log:
* Finally fix the errors with unicode.
* Made some changes when using the feature to create playlist from the options menu. The output file will be named as the current selected playlist.

What is iDump
This program will allow you transfer your songs off your iPod to a PC, iDump does come wrapped in installer but you can simply drop the .exe in the root directory on your iPod and run it from there.

Connect you iPod and run iDump and you'll have access to all your songs, select the songs you want to transfer then pick a destination directory and how you would like your songs to be named. And then sit back and transfer all the selected songs to the PC.

Tested OS:
Win2k,XP,Me,Vista

Supported iPods:
All Models except the new Touch and iPhone

Features:

Output formatting
This gives you the option to select an output directory and the way the songs will be transferred.

Unattended Transfer
If you have the pleasure of owning one of the larger iPod's then this option is for you, Simply set the options for this feature and it will deal with common errors like what to do if a song already exist on the destination drive etc.

Search
This does what most searches do, it searches!.

Playlists
If you use playlists on your iPod then this gives you the option to select any of the playlists and display the song within the selected list only.

Export Playlists
This option will export all of your playlists in to the standard .m3u format.

Available Languages
English,German,Spanish.

Screen Shots:

Download:
http://www.codershole.com/downloads.php ... ef519&dl=5