Xelitan Video Player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Tomxe

Xelitan Video Player

#1 Post by Tomxe »

Xelitan Video Player is a straightforward video player with lots of built-in video, audio and image decoders.

List of features:
  • comes with built-in decoders
  • supported video formats: MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, 3GP, WEBM and more
  • supported audio formats: MP3, OGG, M4A, WAV, MID and more
  • supported image formats: JPEG, PNG, PSD, TIF, BMP, GIF, WEBP, TGA and more
  • supported subtitle formats: SubRipper, TmPlayer, SubStation Alpha and more
  • configurable plaback speed (25% - 400%)
  • video filters
  • saving screenshots
  • supports playlists
  • can play videos directly from the web
  • no ads
  • full version
  • free for personal and commercial use

Direct Link (64bit portable version):
http://xelitan.com/get.php?f=vidplayer.zip

http://xelitan.com/app/xelitan-video-player

Tomxe

Re: Xelitan Video Player

#2 Post by Tomxe »

All suggestions and ideas are welcome!

Entry in the DB:
https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=3100

Ennovy

#3 Post by Ennovy »

Thanks and voted

Tomxe

#4 Post by Tomxe »

Thank you, much appreciated!

bitcoin

#5 Post by bitcoin »

Tomxe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:49 am All suggestions and ideas are welcome!
i would like to see a button that allows you to select "Repeat the same track" like VLC does - the "loop all, loop one, or no loop" button - (im using the program for music files for now)

also at the end of the file playing, the pause/play button remains with the pause symbol instead of resetting with the play arrow - could be something i did though, idk.

thanks, cool program

Tomxe

#6 Post by Tomxe »

Instead of a button could it be an option in the menu?

bitcoin

#7 Post by bitcoin »

Tomxe wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:54 pm Instead of a button could it be an option in the menu?
a button would be more convenient but maybe its too much time programming?

cost vs benefit

Toxteth O'Grady

#8 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

How about automatically resizing the window according to whatever size the video is? I hope that made sense. :-)

Also, "Open from URL" using command line instead of having to enter the URL manually would be nice. And perhaps support for yt-dlp.

OK, enough requests\suggestions for now. :D

Tomxe

#9 Post by Tomxe »

bitcoin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:33 am
i would like to see a button that allows you to select "Repeat the same track" like VLC does - the "loop all, loop one, or no loop" button - (im using the program for music files for now)

also at the end of the file playing, the pause/play button remains with the pause symbol instead of resetting with the play arrow - could be something i did though, idk.
- Loop button added
- Pause/play fixed. Should be fine now

Tomxe

#10 Post by Tomxe »

Toxteth O'Grady wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:52 am How about automatically resizing the window according to whatever size the video is? I hope that made sense. :-)

Also, "Open from URL" using command line instead of having to enter the URL manually would be nice. And perhaps support for yt-dlp.
- New option in the menu: Video -> Resize window. Perhaps that's what you meant?
- You can start the program from command line like this: XelitanPlayer.exe "http://whatever.com/file.m3u8"

FileHandler

#11 Post by FileHandler »

Thanks. I like the no-frills interface. And the fast startup.

As someone who watches fullscreen always, I would appreciate an ini-option to start up in fullscreen by default.
Fullscreen seems to keep the window on top. Not sure if this is by design or unintended. Personally, I prefer being able to Alt-tab away and back again, which is not possible at the moment without leaving fullscreen first.

Final wish, a shortcut to trigger screenshots quickly, on the fly. Instead of having to pause and click on the menu entry.

Tomxe

#12 Post by Tomxe »

FileHandler wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:42 am Thanks. I like the no-frills interface. And the fast startup.

As someone who watches fullscreen always, I would appreciate an ini-option to start up in fullscreen by default.
Fullscreen seems to keep the window on top. Not sure if this is by design or unintended. Personally, I prefer being able to Alt-tab away and back again, which is not possible at the moment without leaving fullscreen first.

Final wish, a shortcut to trigger screenshots quickly, on the fly. Instead of having to pause and click on the menu entry.
1) If fullscreen is not on top then the taskbar is on top. That's the reason. But we can figure something out :)
2) Ini option for fullscreen will be added very soon
3) You can- just press S and the screenshot will be saved. You might want to first configure where you want it to be saved in the menu Options->Configure

Toxteth O'Grady

#13 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Tomxe wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:16 am
Toxteth O'Grady wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:52 am How about automatically resizing the window according to whatever size the video is? I hope that made sense. :-)

- New option in the menu: Video -> Resize window. Perhaps that's what you meant?
- You can start the program from command line like this: XelitanPlayer.exe "http://whatever.com/file.m3u8"
- Yes, that's what I meany, but not exactly. :lol: I would like the player to adjust the window size to the video resolution all by itself, instead of having to do it manually (which works fine, BTW). One more thing about this: the player remembers the last window size\resolution, which means that after the next launch it opens the same size it was when it was closed. That's not good. It should start at the default size when no file is loaded.

- Where I said command line I meant command line arguments, in order to be able to open an URL directly from the clipboard.

- A short description pops up when the mouse cursor is over the loop button (which is convenient) Could this be added for the other buttons as well?

- An m3u\pls file which consists of a number of links to audio streams only adds the first stream to the list while other players are able to read\open all of them.

FileHandler

#14 Post by FileHandler »

Tomxe wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:33 am 1) If fullscreen is not on top then the taskbar is on top. That's the reason. But we can figure something out :)
2) Ini option for fullscreen will be added very soon
3) You can- just press S and the screenshot will be saved. You might want to first configure where you want it to be saved in the menu Options->Configure
3) Pressing S for screenshot works fine. :D
2) Thanks for the upcoming ini-option.
1) Well, my taskbar auto-hides. But even when set to always visible, other viewers still manage a fullscreen without taskbar, and yet allow me to Alt-Tab cycle through open programs.

File > Exit does nothing here on Win11.
It were great to have yet another ini-option (ESC to exit). :wink:

Tomxe

#15 Post by Tomxe »

Changes in version 1.2

1) You can now use alt-tab to switch to other programs in full screen mode
2) Fullscreen on/off is saved in the configuration
3) You can enable "Video->resize window" to always resize itself to video resolution
4) You can disable in Options saving last window size and position
5) You can press Ctrl+V to paste link do a video
6) File->Exit is fixed and closes the app
7) Short descriptions added for all buttons
8) You can play Youtube videos - requires yt-dlp.exe in the directory as the app