DupKiller: Fast and Powerful Duplicate File Utility

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ClausValca

DupKiller: Fast and Powerful Duplicate File Utility

#1 Post by ClausValca »

I've been using this duplicate file scanner for some time. It runs very fast compared to others and has a pleasant GUI interface. I've been very pleased with the very large number of custom settings possible.

DupKiller 0.8.2
http://www.dupkiller.net/index_en.html

Category: Duplicate File Checkers

Synopsis: The program will find duplicate copies of files. Comparisons are preformed by name, last modification date or size as well as by their contents, and even may be set by what per cent they must match; one can search different-length files, include or exclude files by mask, etc. Search for duplicate files on local PC and over the network (partially). Works with all removable media devices such as floppy disk, CD/DVD-ROM, USB devices, etc. Image preview for graphic and text files.

Writes settings to: Registry - but may be saved and reloaded from local file.

Note from FAQ: "If you want you may run DupKiller from any folder you want. Just copy all its files from the installation folder (by default, C:\Program Files\DupKiller). The program keeps all settings in the Registry. So you may save them (File — Save settings)."

How to extract: Download DupKillerSetup082.zip to a folder of your choice and unzip. Use Universal Extractor to unpack the DupKillerSetup082.exe file. Copy all files/folders NOT named with a leading "$" to the folder of your choice. Launch DupKiller.exe

Stealth: No

Unicode support: Unknown

License: Freeware

System Requirements: Windows 9x/Me, Windows 2000/XP/Vista