InnoEx

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Userfriendly

InnoEx

#1 Post by Userfriendly »

[Moderator note: this post was split from the InnoExtractor thread.]

---

Another nice freeware alternative and portable GUI for InnoUnp called InnoEx - http://fec.ct8.pl/blog/innoex/

Notable difference is the paid feature 'Identify encrypted files' on InnoExtractor is free on InnoEx.

I am Baas

temp

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Userfriendly wrote:Another nice freeware alternative and portable GUI for InnoUnp called InnoEx - http://fec.ct8.pl/blog/innoex/
Moved to http://fec.usermd.net/innoex/

I am Baas

InnoEx

#3 Post by I am Baas »

InnoEx is at version 0.9 (2015-08-22)
•Some parts of program were rewritten for better performance and responsibility.
•Improvements for detecting/opening Inno Setup installers in InnoEx (new custom option "ForceISLoad" will let you adjust this to your needs / more info).
•Improvements for External editors.
•Improvements for Viewer.
•Small improvements for opening bundled installers.
•Small improvements for searching on main list (which is also much faster now).
•Improvements for Pascal script disassembler (added support for scripts compiled with old ROPS version).
•Updated InnoUnp to version 0.43 (with support for fast detecting encrypted files / more info).
•Small changes and code optimization in shell extension (read this if you are using it or want to use).
•Added new function for automatically detecting bundled installers (requested / more info).
•Added new feature for detecting Inno Setup installers - similar to researcher from InnoExtractor (requested / more info).
•Additional custom options (some requested, some other invented by me / more info).
•Fixed potential error that could happen in some rare cases while opening bundled installers.
•Fixed problem when extract directory passed to InnoUnp was ended with spaces.
•Fixed some problems with shortcuts.
•Fixed few other small bugs.
•Many other small changes/improvements.
http://fec.usermd.net/innoex_changelog/

There is an unofficial 0.9.2 release at http://fec.usermd.net/updates-3/

@mod

Please split the thread. Thanks.

smaragdus

Re: InnoEx

#4 Post by smaragdus »

InnoEx is a great find, thanks. In my tests it really seems to be faster than InnoExtractor (as the official performance tests show). Shell integration (on/off) works like a charm.

smaragdus

#5 Post by smaragdus »

InnoEx has been added to the database.

smaragdus

#6 Post by smaragdus »

@billon
The stable version of InnoEx is 0.9, version 0.9.2 is unofficial.
I also think that linking to Inno Setup Unpacker for manual updates of InnoUnp.exe is better because at SourceForge the user can always get the latest version.

billon

#7 Post by billon »

@smaragdus:
InnoEx uses modified version of InnoUnp. If new official version is out and cranq .fec don't update his version of InnoUnp for long time and there some installers which require latest InnoUnp - of course entry can be temporarily edited.

I believe version 0.9.2 is unofficial not in sense of "alpha" or "unstable" but in sense of bugfix and just quick update.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

I know this question is much too late, but what is this program for? Just innonup decompression? Can it replace UniExtract? I'd like to add some detail in the entry to that effect.

smaragdus

#9 Post by smaragdus »

@webfork
I know this question is much too late, but what is this program for? Just innonup decompression? Can it replace UniExtract? I'd like to add some detail in the entry to that effect.
InnoEx does one thing- it extracts Inno Setup installers, but it does it well:
InnoEx is a small and simple GUI for InnoUnp to view and extract resources from Inno Setup installers.
InnoEx features:
Features:
- Fast with big setups, with many files
- Easy to use
- Ability to view/dump registry and ini section
- Pascal script disassembler (optional)
- Ability to extract files according to chosen language (include/exclude/rename files)
- Drag and drop (both ways)
- Shell extension (optional)
- No crapware included
- Portable
It can detect bundled installers:

and it can also show registry section:

For me InnoEx is better than InnoExtractor- faster, smaller, truly portable and free without limitations.

@billon
I think that the InnoEx change log clearly shows which version the developer considers to be the latest stable one. Or perhaps it would be better to ask him.

smaragdus

#10 Post by smaragdus »

InnoEx website is down. I contacted the developer. If the site doesn't go back online I will have to provide an alternative download but I have only InnoEx version 0.9, I don't have version 0.9.2.

JohnW

#11 Post by JohnW »

V. 0.9.2 is available on Softpedia.