Aignes Portable Start Menu

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
USB_Kx

Aignes Portable Start Menu

#1 Post by USB_Kx » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Portable Start Menu is a simple and free start menu application that can be installed on USB sticks or local PCs.

Organize your programs in a simple menu system and launch them via a tray icon. If you close Portable Start Menu on an USB-Stick, running applications can be closed automatically, too.

Webpage

http://www.aignes.com/psmenu.htm

smaragdus

Re: Portable Start Menu 3.4

#2 Post by smaragdus » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:21 am

Portable Start Menu is another program I have to freeze to a previous version- 3.3:

because 3.4:

The program is good but I cannot stand latest version modern flugliness (flatness + ugliness).

webfork

Re: Portable Start Menu 3.4

#3 Post by webfork » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:21 am

smaragdus wrote:The program is good but I cannot stand latest version modern flugliness (flatness + ugliness).
Really? The difference seems pretty minor based on your screencaps.

smaragdus

Re: Portable Start Menu

#4 Post by smaragdus » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:37 am

@webfork
Really? The difference seems pretty minor based on your screencaps.
For others the difference may look very insignificant but not for me- I really cannot stand flat style.

Midas

Re: Submission - Portable Start Menu 1.0

#5 Post by Midas » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:48 pm

I agree there's isn't a large difference here but, on purely aesthetic as well as communicative grounds, I have to stand with smaragdus on this one.

I'm all for minimalism in general, but this design trend of impoverishing UI detail for the sake of it doesn't bode well. Linux users will certainly recall a similar trend at the inception of many of current desktop manager iterations (Cinnamon, Mate, Unity, etc.) issued from the camp of once dominant Gnome. There's minimalism and there's dumbing down (... and rendering featureless and harder to recognize, which is precisely the core function of such visual elements). :(

@webfork: if this is its main topic, OP subject should be something like "Aignes Portable Start Menu" for clarity sake. Thanks. :)