[Moderator note: this entry was generated after the above posts and have since been merged at the request of the author.]
---Lintalist: Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text, run scripts, using easily exchangeable bundlesSource (AutoHotkey): https://github.com/lintalist/lintalistWebsite: http://lintalist.github.io/Introduction
Lintalist allows you to store and (incrementally) search
and edit texts
in bundles and paste
a selected text in your active program. The text can
be interactive, for example, you can automatically insert the current time and date, ask for (basic) user input or make a selection from a list etc. and finally it can also run a script. You can use keyboard shortcuts or abbreviations to paste the text (or run the script) without opening the search window (see screenshot below). Bundles can be context sensitive and multiple bundles can be used at the same time (if they match the criteria).Background: this is a script/program I've developed and used for a long time. It was inspired by the Textmate Bundle/Snippet concept which a few years back was hardly available in a Windows text editor. Lintalist has the advantage it should work in any program (as long as it allows AutoHotkey to paste text) - not just your editor.v1.1
introduces formatted text support - Snippets can now have HTML or Markdown markup which will be pasted as formatted text, or you can read a RTF or Image file which will be pasted into your current application.Features:
- A novel feature is the ability to use two parts of text depending
- Assign keyboard shortcuts to your favourite Snippets
- Use abbreviations (shorthand) for your favourite Snippets
- Run scripts which can be included in a Bundle
- Standard Plugins:
- Caret position after pasting
- Insert date & time (incl. math operations)
- Pick date from a Calendar
- Choose item from a list
- Use counters
- Use selected text
- Use the clipboard
- Insert text from a file
- Chain snippets (insert the contents of one snippet into another snippet)
- Insert a character
- Use local variables
- Read more in the documentation...
1. Type query (multiple search modes)
2. Menu + search options.
3. Result list with Part 1, Part 2, Key(board shortcut), Short(hand, abbreviation). Columns are dynamic, if part 2, key or short are not present in the loaded bundle(s) they will not be displayed.
4. Preview of top most or selected snippet text. In statusbar: loaded bundle(s) and hits / number of snippets.Videos
(not the best of quality, YT reduces the quality I'm afraid after uploading - Edit: uploaded white background videos)
Some example bundles are available here https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist-bundles/
simply copy these to the Bundles\ folder and restart Lintalist - right click tray menu.
The release (see GH) contains lintalist.exe - it is simply a renamed autohotkey.exe included for convenience.
In order for Lintalist to run scripts it needs a copy of AutoHotkey v1.1, Lintalist is not meant to be compiled.