wraithdu at the Sandboxie forum has come up with a portable version of Sandboxie. I'm not 100% sure it's portable, but it seems pretty solid.
For those of you who don't know what Sandboxie is, it traps all of a program's I/O in a transient storage area, thus allowing you to run any app without letting it touch your computer in any way.
The program is donationware, but no registration is required to download/run the program.
Installation goes something like this:
• Download Sandboxie from Here
• Download SandboxiePortable from one of the following locations: Mirror1
• Extract SandboxiePortable to a location of your choosing
• Open the Sandboxie installer with 7zip and extract all files in the root directory to 'App\Sandboxie'
• Open the '$PLUGINSDIR' folder from the archive, and extract 'kmdutil.exe' to the same directory.
• If it's the first time you've done this installation, rename 'Sandboxie_default.ini' to 'Sandboxie.ini'
Run 'SandboxiePortable.exe' to launch the program.
Additional instructions are located in the README.txt packaged with SandboxiePortable.
I also coded a secondary launcher which re-writes the Sandboxie.ini file upon each launch so that the sandbox location is on your portable drive...
Here's how to use that script:
• Copy the contents of http://trappar.net/sandboxlauncher.txt
into your favorite text editor and save it as 'Launcher.au3' in your root Sandboxie folder.
• Use Aut2exe (Distributed with AutoIt
) to compile the script you just saved into 'Launcher.exe' located in the root of your Sandboxie folder.
Run Launcher.exe and pray that my configuration works with your setup, worst that's going to happen is you'll have to replace your Sandboxie.ini file located in 'App\Sandboxie'
Everything works great for me, I'd love to hear how it works for you guys.
320gb 2.5in 9.5mm - 100% Portable