program page suggestions - small .NET, JAVA etc banners

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
bzl333

program page suggestions - small .NET, JAVA etc banners

#1 Post by bzl333 »

hi,
was just thinking that for .NET and JAVA ets apps maybe there could be a tiny rectangular banner along the top of the program listing where there is currently whitespace (between the name of the program and the date it was last checked by TPFC)- perhaps there could be (color coded) banner for .NET 2.0, .NET 4.0, etc JAVA, and whatever other dependencies are necessary sp people can see at a quick glance. There are many good apps that require .NET it seems.

Also, it would be great if we could add the date of the program - currently i think you have the date the program was last checked for an update, which is nice but that doesn't help most of your visitors i think. If i can see a program and the date it was released is maybe 2-3 years ago that is useful info because i know i've probably got the latest release already without having to check. If you're worried that it reflects poorly on the TPFC website to show programs that havent been updated in several years i don't think so because the TPFC site itself looks great now.

also, if some people don't want to see .NET or JAVA programs in their search results maybe there could be a selector switch somewhere maybe below the login + register area along the top of the page?