AutoRun LWMenu

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
lwc

Re: AutoRun LWMenu

#46 Post by lwc »

I know you probably don't mean to come off rude, but remember I'm just trying to help. What about the main fix you asked for (deleting +registry keys even when backuppath is used)? It seems fixed to me now.

As for creating registry values, it works perfectly for me, I don't know why not for you. It creates HKCU\Software\Test and inside it a value name of accept with value of 1. What's your full entry details for this case?

As for deleting registry values, there was a bug there due a clash with backuppath. I've therefore fixed it, thanks! Could you try it in the latest beta?

-ElCoyot-

#47 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Thanks for the corrections. Everything seems to be working. I would also like the script icon not to be displayed in the notification area Image. Thank you for your work.

lwc

#48 Post by lwc »

No problem, done.

Just add hidetrayicon=1 under [CUSTOM CD MENU] - does it work well for you it in the latest beta?

-ElCoyot-

#49 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Great, thanks. If there are any questions, I will contact you.

P.S.
About the symlinks. Here
ServicesSuite.7z
(102.27 KiB) Downloaded 1045 times
is a program based on YaP ? Everything is visible in the .ini file there. You'll figure it out.

lwc

#50 Post by lwc »

So all along by symlink you specifically meant yaP's symlink? If so, done, you can now add to each entry symlink_link=X and symlink_target=.
This only works when backuppath=... is used plus like in yaP, 2 rules must be followed:
  1. End X with a backslash if you need it to be a folder.
  2. You must run the entire launcher as an admin or it'll be blocked.
Hope you appreciate this new feature because I had to include whole libraries (in plural) of "create symbolic links" just for this, thus increasing the program's file executable.

Can you try it in the latest beta?
Attachments
symlink.png
symlink.png (12.96 KiB) Viewed 51933 times
run as admin.png
run as admin.png (7.88 KiB) Viewed 51933 times

-ElCoyot-

#51 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.
Good luck to you. 👍 👋
It seems that I am the only TESTER

lwc

#52 Post by lwc »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:37 am Exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.
Good luck to you. 👍 👋
Thanks for testing! I've just released the new version with all these changes, and reflected the new features in the README.
It seems that I am the only TESTER
Unfortunately, it seems people here prefer to check the stable versions and not the beta ones...
Last edited by lwc on Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ElCoyot-

#53 Post by -ElCoyot- »

It's good that we understood each other even though we speak different languages. Thank you for your responsiveness.
Last edited by -ElCoyot- on Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ElCoyot-

#54 Post by -ElCoyot- »

I can't figure out how to register several symlinks to different folders in the .inf file? This option does not work. Image

P.S. I also noticed that if there are non-letter characters in the folder name, then a symlink is not created. Example (Friday's games).

lwc

#55 Post by lwc »

This is very problematic that every time the moment a day or two after I release a stable version then new checks occur, and not during beta testing...

It wasn't special characters in general, it was specifically about ' - now fixed, thanks! Could you try it in the newly released beta?

About multiple symlinks, I've never mentioned it was supported. Was it supported in yaP? I've based it on my dual name/value environmental variable which was singular as well, as I figured most users require it just once.
How many symlinks do you need?

-ElCoyot-

#56 Post by -ElCoyot- »

it was specifically about ' - now fixed, thanks!
Yes, it's working now.
You can use YaP as much as you want. Image
It just happens that one program pushes its data into different directories.

lwc

#57 Post by lwc »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:35 am
You can use YaP as much as you want. Image
It just happens that one program pushes its data into different directories.
Well, this turned into quite a project, since my whole infrastructure is based on associative (i.e. named based) arrays which obviously (since they rely on names) don't support more than 1 entry (i.e. multiple entries just overwrite each other).
I've upgraded the library I used for this, then tweaked it with my own custom method to support it (turning each multiple entry into a sub-array).

Anyway, done! You can have as many symlink= as you want - just use | as a delimiter with link|target (with or without spaces before/after |), like:

Code: Select all

symlink=new_link|the_target
symlink=another_link | another_target
I've added the same benefit of multiple entries to environmental variables too, using:

Code: Select all

setenv=name_of_entry|name_of_value
If you try to run the old entries, it just won't let you asking, instead asking you to migrate to symlink/setenv.

Can you try this in the latest beta?

-ElCoyot-

#58 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Can you try this in the latest beta?
In a word-EXCELLENT.

lwc

#59 Post by lwc »

Wow, thanks!
I've just added some fixes that involved the new multiple entries' feature, can you try the latest beta just to make sure nothing went wrong?

-ElCoyot-

#60 Post by -ElCoyot- »

It's all good.Could you take a look at this program.Everything seems to be correct, but the symlink does not want to be created in any way.Where is my mistake? https://www.upload.ee/files/15931476/Ai ... er.7z.html