AutoRun LWMenu

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Midas

Re: AutoRun LWMenu

#31 Post by Midas »

I'm sorry for not living up your expectations, lwc, but I currently have very little leeway for any novelty in my (dwindling) workflow and menuing apps are kind of low priority... :|

I can still jank up a yaP launcher in a hurry for mostly anything I know the details of -- meaning '%APPDATA%' traces and reg entries -- but that is quite as far as I go nowadays and that's because I know required steps almost by heart.

Anything else is mostly a pass for me: I have a shoulder injury that makes typing painful after a short while and the old eyesight is not up to par these days, so I mostly read stuff in a tablet, which I can easily adjust to whatever the current conditions are -- when nothing else works, I can just bring it closer or zoom in with pinch out...

lwc

#32 Post by lwc »

I'm sorry, I hope you'll feel better!

I just hope those who asked for this feature (so that the outdated yaP is no longer needed) will eventually enjoy it.

-ElCoyot-

#33 Post by -ElCoyot- »

I add these lines to the file
registry="HKCU\SOFTWARE\Enigma Protector" "+HKCU\Software\Kerish Products" "+HKLM\SOFTWARE\Kerish Products"
and at the exit of the program I get this
Spoiler!   
Image Image

lwc

#34 Post by lwc »

Could you switch your OS' display language to English, then copy and paste the error messages?

-ElCoyot-

#35 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Could you switch your OS' display language to English, then copy and paste the error messages?
Spoiler!   
Last edited by -ElCoyot- on Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midas

#36 Post by Midas »

lwc wrote: I'm sorry, I hope you'll feel better!

Thanks. One adapts, life goes on. 8)

-ElCoyot-

#37 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Today I tried to run the program again with Windows switched to English. Everything went without mistakes. How then to be someone who has Windows that is not English?

lwc

#38 Post by lwc »

Your last English screenshot did show an error, meaning I don't think it's about language.
The English message seems to indicate you tried to back up registry key or value that doesn't exist.

If you use
-ElCoyot- wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:26 amregistry="HKCU\SOFTWARE\Enigma Protector" "+HKCU\Software\Kerish Products" "+HKLM\SOFTWARE\Kerish Products"
and you also use the new backuppath option, are you sure the bold keys actually exist at the time of getting the error?
If they don't exist, the backup fails and you get an error.

Also, your Russian screenshots had 2 errors, not 1, what was the other one?

-ElCoyot-

#39 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Yes, these keys exist. The 0_temp.reg file is also being created. In English windows everything is fine. A 0.reg file is being created

lwc

#40 Post by lwc »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:00 am How then to be someone who has Windows that is not English?
You were right, upon doing registry check it looked for English text in the output.
I've changed it to rely on exit codes instead. Too bad it was only checked after the beta period was over.

Could you try the new version I've just released?

-ElCoyot-

#41 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Could you try the new version I've just released?
Everything is fine now, thanks for the correction 👍

I also noticed that if the parameter is set
backuppath=. then the program drags unnecessary files and folders that just need to be deleted to its directory
At the same time, the + icon is not placed on them.

Well, a wish for the future. transfer files and folders to do on symlinks

lwc

#42 Post by lwc »

Not sure I understand, what is a + icon?
It's supposed to back up the entries with + inside that folder.

Also not sure I understand about symlinks, could you please clarify further what you ask to happen?

-ElCoyot-

#43 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Not sure I understand
Here is a simple example
Spoiler!   
The ProgrammTrash folder is not just deleted, but transferred to the directory along with 0.reg.
This is wrong.
About the symlinks. It is necessary that in the working system there would be only a link to the data from the program directory.

And more. How to delete not the registry key, but its value?

lwc

#44 Post by lwc »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:59 pm Here is a simple example
Spoiler!   
The ProgrammTrash folder is not just deleted, but transferred to the directory along with 0.reg.
This is wrong.
Sorry for the delay, fixed! It checked for "+" for registry but not for folders/files. To catch more attention next time please just use a code block over image with spoiler.
Last time I asked for a beta test here and people only responded after the beta period was over.
Please let's make it right this time, can you test the latest beta for this fix?
About the symlinks. It is necessary that in the working system there would be only a link to the data from the program directory.
Still not sure,the logic is moving the data from the program's folder into a backup folder (then moving them back upon restoring), where do symlinks come into the equation?
And more. How to delete not the registry key, but its value?
Well, there's already registry=+HKCU\Software\Test,accept,1 which creates an entry (e.g. "accept") with a value (e.g. 1), can you test if it works like you want?
Last edited by lwc on Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ElCoyot-

#45 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Well, there's already registry=+HKCU\Software\Test,accept,1 which creates an entry (e.g. "accept") with a value (e.g. 1), can you test if it works like you want?
Absolutely does not work, does not create or delete.