012 "play" version now available

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
redllar

012 "play" version now available

#1 Post by redllar »

A new 012 play version of the JPE distribution is now available for download from here (~236KB).

The only executable changed was the jauntePE dll. Most of its changes were performance oriented, especially with regards to file system redirection. The new dll runs faster but not significantly so. On my old and slow '98 box now running Win 2K SP1 the difference is about 25% overall. App launch time was decreased as well, especially when running from a flash drive.

I did make other changes, including an attempt to make JPE run under non-english Windows versions, but I have no way to test whether this problem was solved.

You can find a list of all of the changes in the readme.

Zach Thibeau

#2 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Awesome I'll test it out ;). I love this work you did for JauntePE. I hope you continue to develop it

crownixx

#3 Post by crownixx »

thank you for the new version :)

spchtr

Mirror?

#4 Post by spchtr »

Thanks dude you rock.

Seems Geocities is getting overrun with people looking for JauntPEv0.1.2.

Is there a rapideshare/megaupload or some such site mirroring this file anywhere?

Zach Thibeau

#5 Post by Zach Thibeau »

New Link:http://linkprophecy.com/jauntepetemp/JauntePE012.zip

(This is only temporary until something is worked out with Reddlar getting another mirror ;))