portable flv to mp3?

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
portackager

portable flv to mp3?

#1 Post by portackager »

I guess youtube updated their flv files because SUPER and mediacoder fail at the conversion. So for my question, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good portable flv to mp3 converter.

portackager

#2 Post by portackager »

Well.. I know this topic is old, but Ive been using Media Coder for the past few months, and it's worked great, with one exception. When I choose flv encode audio only, It never completely encodes flv files smaller than 2 megs, so I end up with 4 seconds of a song. But files like 4-10 megs encode just fine. I've tried various versions even the latest beta but it kinda did the same thing and crashed afterwords. :lol:

I must state that I've tried the same file with Freez flv to mp3 and it encoded successfully, but the darn thing appears to scamware since its clearly labeled freeware, but after encoding some files just once it asks to register, says registration is free, I went to the website and free registration is disabled, with a pay option that is enabled. That's a load of bull if you ask me. On my quest to find encoders I believe many should be freeware or just discontinued and thrown away.

PS. I found this topic again by searching Google for a solution to my problem :lol:

nycjv321

#3 Post by nycjv321 »

Try Mencoder (its console based but works you will have to read alot of docs to get it to work meaning the correct syntaxes :/) when you do it will work :)

laurentxp

#4 Post by laurentxp »