JPE AutoWizard v2.0.3 -no longer support-

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
redllar

#16 Post by redllar »

...don't need all of the extra fluff of a normal wizard
i'm interested, what else of the extra fluff i can add?
By fluff I meant the extra text that is on the wizard pages to hopefully explain what that particular page is all about. If it weren't for all of the text then a multi-page wizard wouldn't be needed.

redllar

#17 Post by redllar »

aah..i know, i need to add more configuration in the app_JauntePE.ini..That's why in my readme i wrote "minimal configuration".

OK, should i add those configuration automatically or should i let the user add the configuration mannually as i instructed in my readme?
And one interesting idea is here
Yeah, if you're going to copy the JPE runtime over you should also create some sort of JPE runtime ini for them, maybe. :) It really depends upon how stealthy they want the app to run and how much slowdown they're willing to take as a result of running via JPE.

But I'm not so sure that the default JPE runtime ini in the distribution is the best. I think maybe using modules would be cleaner and potentially faster. But I need to do some testing.

So, in short (haha), I'd say go ahead and copy over the JPE runtime ini while you copy over the JPE runtime.

I'll try and comment in your other threads soon. I think you're on the right track with the "best practices" stuff. It can get pretty complicated pretty quick though. I'm not real sure you'll ever be able to come up with something that'll satisfy everyone.

crownixx

#18 Post by crownixx »

Update for my JPE AutoWizard. Get the latest one, the download links is available in the first post

UPDATE v2.0
1. Completely rewriten the code. The JPE AutoWizard now use JauntePE commandline as its process
2. Remove "updates are written immediately" as sugested by Redllar
3. Added more configuration settings in the appname_jauntepe.ini

crownixx

#19 Post by crownixx »

update again.. :lol:
sorry. need to fix the bugs

v2.0.1 UPDATE:
1. fix bugs when exploring aplication folder after the process end

crownixx

#20 Post by crownixx »

v2.0.2 UPDATE:
1. module include settings will use the real application name instead %appname%.exe

Zach Thibeau

Mirror Set

#21 Post by Zach Thibeau »

New hosting for JpeAutoWizard Here at
http://jpeautowizard.linkprophecy.com/R ... v2.0.2.rar

crownixx

#22 Post by crownixx »

thanks thibeaz,
i add this link in my 1st post :D

Zach Thibeau

Hey

#23 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Crownwix I am going to be switching servers in the next 24 hours or so because my host needs the server for a project he is doing but the file should be back up very soon. and also will be mirrored at my new domain thibeaz.com

crownixx

#24 Post by crownixx »

is the download link already fix?

Zach Thibeau

yes

#25 Post by Zach Thibeau »

yes it's still there. I haven't switched yet but I am going to mirror it at my new site at thibeaz.com
EDIT Mirror Setup
http://jpeautowizard.thibeaz.com/Releas ... v2.0.2.rar

crownixx

#26 Post by crownixx »

ok thanks,
added the mirror in 1st post

Firewrath

#27 Post by Firewrath »

dude, i think i found a slight bug in your newest script,
i just DLed it here lately, (the old one was working fine for me, ^-^))

and i tryed it with the DevCpp thing thats being talked about and then did a test to make sure,

but when i use your wizard on for example, a .exe thats in a desktop folder, and then move that folder to like the C:\ drive,
the JPE'd .exe wont run, it just 'beeps',
and the reason i think its something in your script, is because if i use the build portable wizard, to just replace the JPE'd .exe your script makes, everything works fine,

so, yeah, just thought id let you know,

crownixx

#28 Post by crownixx »

after reading the topic from SlowLearner, i also did check again my AutoWizard with new JauntePE 0.1.3..but it came out with different result

AutoWizard build the portable launcher using JauntePE commandline..i using this switches
-b : for build portable
-a : for application icon
-R : for redirect the registry
-F : for redirect the filesystem
-m: for keep in memory

if AutoWizard did build the portable launcher, then switch "-b" works fine. if the portable launcher use application icon..thats good. "-a" is working.
Am i correct if i refer the JPE'd .exe as portable launcher? So for the situation you state above, AutoWizard able to create the portable launcher right? did the AutoWizard able to copy JauntePE.dll & madChook.dll to the same location as portable launcher? if the answer is yes, then AutoWizad done it job correctly. But i will check again the script. Are you reffering the old Autowizard is the 1st version (simulate the keyboard)?

But mybe i should ask redllar if he change something with the JauntePE commandline support in 0.1.3

Firewrath

#29 Post by Firewrath »

it built the portable.exe, copied the files, everything that it done back in the keyboard version, which i just upgraded from, :P

the only thing is, that when i move the portable.exe, the program doesnt launch, it just beeps,
(like it does when it doesnt have the .dlls in the folder, even though they are there,)
and if i run the JPE 'build portable' to just replace the portable.exe, with all the setting the same, it works,
so i thought you might have somehow coded absolute paths in there somewhere,

though, thinking about it, i could be wrong,
the command line version of JPE might be doing it too,

and after going through what i have on JPE i think redllar is going to have to answer that one, :P

crownixx

#30 Post by crownixx »

Firewrath, i did some test and you are right. It doesnt matter if you use JauntePE 0.1.1 or JauntePE 0.1.3. The portable launcher build on wizard has different behavior than portable launcher build using JauntePE command line. Using command line, i got the same error as you did, looks like the portable launcher is looking for the absolute path of JauntePE.dll
Mybe i should revert back to AutoWizard version 1. Redllar has many other bugs to fix, and not many of us or maybe none using JauntePE command line except for AutoWizard. we shouldnt burden him to fix this bug. I'm working on v1.2.1