HashCalc 2.02

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Rafael Castro

HashCalc 2.02

#1 Post by Rafael Castro »

A fast and easy-to-use calculator that allows to compute message digests, checksums and HMACs for files, as well as for text and hex strings. It offers a choice of 13 of the most popular hash and checksum algorithms for calculations.

http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/index.htm

nevemark

#2 Post by nevemark »

Tested, writes settings to registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SlavaSoft

Rafael Castro

#3 Post by Rafael Castro »

oops!. sorry.

fluxulf

#4 Post by fluxulf »

I've extracted the .exe with Universal Extractor and it works fine. I'm quite sure it doesn't write to the registry in it's "standalone" form.

Unlike many other "hashers" it can also hash eD2k (eDonkey/eMule).

FlightGeek

#5 Post by FlightGeek »

Fluxulf: How did you determine that it didn't write to the registry? I extracted it with universal extractor and HashCalc saved its settings in the registry.

However, the default settings are reasonable and the number of settings is small, so it's portable for my purposes but not stealth.

fluxulf

#6 Post by fluxulf »

I'm afraid you're right about the settings :oops:

I didn't even consider it as there's practically none to speak of, but I guess you're right: It's portable, but not stealth ... at least the info/settings is non-personal :wink: