Q-Dir file manager issue

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
cadman263

Q-Dir file manager issue

#1 Post by cadman263 »

Q-Dir File Manager by Nenad Hrg

The following problems occurred with every folder or file operation I performed as long as Q-Dir was installed on my computer.

In FIREFOX:
On certain websites (example: Amazon) pictures of items sold would not show unless I right clicked on each picture and selected "View Image".

The option - "Open Containing Folder" - in FireFox or Internet Explorer - Tools - Downloads - right-click file that was downloaded - dialog box
totally refused to work as long as Q-Dir was installed on the computer.

In File Managers:
Windows Explorer (My Computer) and (My Documents), Q-Dir and all other File Managers (that I used to help find a fix) - totally refused to "Automatically Refresh" any folders or files that were involved in every folder and file operation (create folder, copy, move, delete etc) that I performed. I was constantly selecting REFRESH or hitting F5.

Example: The process to create a new folder -
click on - create new folder icon or select in drop-down box - nothing happens
hit F5 - NEW FOLDER finally shows up
click on NEW FOLDER to rename it and type in new name -
hit ENTER - new name reverts back to NEW FOLDER name.
hit F5 - new folder's new name finally shows up.

I searched all the computer forums on the internet I could find and applied every "Refresh Problem Fix" that was suggested. Absolutely NONE of the fixes worked while
Q-Dir was still on the computer.

I didn't suspect Q-Dir as the cause of the problem at first, because the problem did not start until after the last or next to the last Q-Dir program version update.
The only sensible conclusion I have found is - a section of code in one of the latest Q-Dir version updates is acting like a Virus and corrupting my computer.
After I completely uninstalled Q-Dir from the computer - the problem totally disappeared without applying any further fixes.

Until this problem occurred - Q-Dir was the best File Manager for my particular needs and I would prefer to continue to use it if the problem can be fixed.
If Q-Dir's programmer can see no way of being able to fix the problem - is there another similar (multi-pane Multi-tab) file manager anyone would suggest that I use?

Q-Dir user - BEWARE!

Thank You

joby_toss

Re: File Manager

#2 Post by joby_toss »

1. You say "installed" and yet you posted in the "Portable Freeware Discussion" subforum. Could you clarify this, please? I mean, I have Q-Dir portable on my system, and this issue is not there.
2. Did you try to contact the author and have this issue addressed? It might be just a hotkeys hooking problem...
3. I could suspect Mr. Nenad Hrg of many things, but putting virus-like code in his softwares, not yet!