DropCloth

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
SuperGeek525

DropCloth

#1 Post by SuperGeek525 »

This program apparently goes along with the other program that i mentioned a little while ago (Swept Away)...
This is also from www.lifehacker.com and here is their description....
Dropcloth is a simple application that overlays a solid colored window on top of your desktop. Especially handy for clearing your desktop for screenshots and screencasts, or just getting rid of all the distraction in front of you so that you can focus on just one application without closing out of anything or clearing off your desktop.
This is also under the GNU Public License and is also said to be portable...it creates a .ini file after you close it as well so it does seem to be portable
Its windows only and it says that it has been only tested in Xp but should work in vista...i will test it on my school Windows 2000 computer tommorow...

Here is the linkhttp://lifehacker.com/software/distract ... 245774.php

Midas

Re: DropCloth

#2 Post by Midas »

Old topic update: Dropcloth is at v0.3 and webpage/download link is now http://lifehacker.com/245774/lifehacker ... th-windows (saves settings to 'dropcloth.ini' in program's folder).

Configuration dialog capture below...
Attachments
dropc.png

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

Download appears to be down.

allclownsareevil

#4 Post by allclownsareevil »

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

OK, now I understand. I have seen similar programs on here that are way better.