AnyDVD HD anyone??

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
FarCry3r

AnyDVD HD anyone??

#1 Post by FarCry3r »

I have full (legal) registered version of AnyDVD HD. But I'm thinking into making it portable so I can use it between any one of my PCs. I tried to do it, but it's a no go. The key installed fine, but the app itself will not start. Can anyone help?

Some Info:
AnyDVD HD stores key like the sample below:

Code: Select all

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Key]
"Key"=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX=
You can either register the key (license file) by the above method (using registry) or by using RegAnyDVD.exe and point to the license.key file

The installer extracts:

1 file to WINDIR\System32 folder: ElbyCDIO.dll

and 3 files to WINDIR\System32\drivers\ folder: AnyDVD.sys, ElbyCDIO.sys, RegKill.sys
The problem is when I click on AnyDVD.exe it does not run. It only run if you install it properly with an installer. It would be appreciated if anyone could help. Thanks :)

PS: I hope it's not against the rules of this forum :P

ray

#2 Post by ray »

Hello FarCry3r, Im working on almost the same project as you . I have been trying to create a portable version of clonedvd.. and I keep getting the error failed to load ELBYCDIO . after days of searching on the net I came across your post .. Im using thinapp which up to this point has worked great so far .. I know the app im trying to do has been done already but Im really looking to be able to make my own .. maybe we can help each other by sharing any info on slysoft portables we come across .. its something when the elbycdio file loads causes the problem at least thats what i think ... any suggestions or reply are much appreciated .. thank you
Ray

ps I forgot to mention the app i made works fine as long as I run it on the machine I created it on .. testing it on a machine that does not have the 4 files you mentioned it fails to init ELBYCDIO..