DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
kuihdez

Re: DropIt

#136 Post by kuihdez »

joby_toss wrote:
kuihdez wrote:0.9.2 is trigering my antivirus for a trojan
0.9.1 was fine !
Avira (still...) here and the same; had to un-upx the .exe.
can you share your un upxed version ?

joby_toss

#137 Post by joby_toss »

kuihdez wrote:how do you do that ?
You get ArcThemAll (Lupo73's creation, too), drag your .exe to it, choose decompress and upx and hit start. That is it!

No need to share the uncompressed dropit.exe!
Always try to go to the source by yourself!
Don't trust any shared .exe, even if it seems like a friendly source (me included :) )! Use this as a last resort (first - do it yourself; second - ask the author; third - auch)!

kuihdez

#138 Post by kuihdez »

ok, thanks for the info !!!

i try disabling avira, it still tells me that it's a virus, even disabled !

ok ! Never mind, I did it ! Great !!! Thanks a lot !!!

Now let's just wait for my requested feature to come !!! pleaaaase. :)

joby_toss

#139 Post by joby_toss »

Close that umbrella by right clicking the tray icon and unchecking "AntiVir Guard enable" option (I say no more about avira).

Here is my unupxed version of DropIt.exe v0.9.2.0:

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzlnwzxyz1d/DropIt.exe
md5: 18a9e8d25694e550a980c55df64698d5

I double-checked with VirusTotal, so it is pretty safe!

kuihdez

#140 Post by kuihdez »

joby_toss wrote:Close that umbrella by right clicking the tray icon and unchecking "AntiVir Guard enable" option (I say no more about avira).

Here is my unupxed version of DropIt.exe v0.9.2.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzlnwzxyz1d/DropIt.exe
md5: 18a9e8d25694e550a980c55df64698d5

I double-checked with VirusTotal, so it is pretty safe!
thanks ! I finaly did it my way ! like you said. :)

Lupo73

#141 Post by Lupo73 »

kuihdez wrote:hey lupo ! Great list ! What about my suggestion ? (if no rule present list of destinations)
I was working on that feature, but I finally discarded it because of incompatibility: if a file/folder doesn't match with existent patterns, it can't be associated to one of them. So I could simply add a feature to show a list of destinations and not of patterns, but I'm not sure it is a good idea because is not in line with DropIt conception.
Anyway I'd like to know some opinions to finally decide on it..

Lupo73

#142 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm working to make small improvements to the installer of DropIt, given that some users request it. Actually it's possible to enable the context menu integration during installation, but only for folders. I'd like to make it available also when a user right-click on other files, can someone said me what keys I have to add in registry during installation?

-.-

#143 Post by -.- »

I normally use these to add them to right click menu

This is for file right click
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Unlocker]
@="Unlocker"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Unlocker\command]
@="C:\UnlockerPortable.exe \"%1\""

This is for folder right click
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Unlocker]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Unlocker\command]
@="C:\\UnlockerPortable.exe \"%1\""

well something like that :S hope you can follow it... since I saw it done this way for something else and just modified it to programs I want, some work and some don't. But since it wasnt a big deal I never worked at learning more about it to get the ones that didn't work to work lol.

kuihdez

#144 Post by kuihdez »

Lupo73 wrote:
kuihdez wrote:hey lupo ! Great list ! What about my suggestion ? (if no rule present list of destinations)
I was working on that feature, but I finally discarded it because of incompatibility: if a file/folder doesn't match with existent patterns, it can't be associated to one of them. So I could simply add a feature to show a list of destinations and not of patterns, but I'm not sure it is a good idea because is not in line with DropIt conception.
Anyway I'd like to know some opinions to finally decide on it..
Hey lupo !

Actually it doesn't need to be associated to one of the destinations...

If a file or folder doesn't match the existent patterns, then show a list of all the destinations available in the dropit program and dropit simply issues a move or copy command to that destination.

what do you think ? that's all I need.

And about that registry thing, it can all be solved by enabling command line parameters with dropit. Start dropit with the name of the file or folder behind it and dropit processes it then quits is the parameters are included.

That way, I can use PortaleFileAssociator and put dropit instead on it

Lupo73

#145 Post by Lupo73 »

DropIt already supports command line parameters, do you need specified features?

Thanks -.- :wink: I may have fixed it.. only.. what is the difference between "Directory" and "Folder" in these registry strings?

Lupo73

#146 Post by Lupo73 »

This is the updated To Do list:
- add option to open software when receive items from external (ex. SendTo)
- add option to open the list of destinations if file/folder isn't recognized
- add option to keep the traybar icon when the window app is open
- add custom environment variables support (using EnvSet function)
- hide target image with double-click (actually it is in conflict with other software code)
- add support for png images as target (I know some examples of it, but I need help to integrate it in DropIt)
- add support for transparency gradient (it needs the previous feature implementation)

Ruby

#147 Post by Ruby »

Lupo73 wrote:I'd like to make it available also when a user right-click on other files, can someone said me what keys I have to add in registry during installation?
You might wanna also look into 'PerceivedType' (i.e., Audio, Image, Text, etc...)
Audio= .mp3, .wav, .m3u, etc...
Image= .bmp, .jpg, .png, etc...
Text= .txt, .css, .xml, etc...

Example: Audio

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\1by1]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\1by1\command]
@="\"D:\\Portable\\Player\\1by1.exe\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\Billy]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\Billy\command]
@="\"D:\\Portable\\Player\\Billy.exe\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\Foobar]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\Foobar\command]
@="\"D:\\Portable\\Foobar\\foobar2000.exe\" \"%1\""
Example: Image

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\FSViewer]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\FSViewer\command]
@="\"D:\\Portable\\FastStone\\Viewer\\FSViewer.exe\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\XnView]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\XnView\command]
@="\"D:\\Portable\\Utilities\\XnView\\xnview.exe\" \"%1\""
Example: Text

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\text\shell\Notepad2]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\text\shell\Notepad2\command]
@="\"D:\\Portable\\Editors\\Notepad2\\Notepad2.exe\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\text\shell\Scite]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\text\shell\Scite\command]
@="\"D:\\Portable\\Editors\\Scite\\Scite.exe\" \"%1\""
Example: DropIt - Audio

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\DropIt]
@="DropIt in Music Folder"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\DropIt\command]
@="\"X:\\Path\\To\\DropIt\\DropIt.exe\" --pass-parameters-variables-MusicFolder \"%1\""
Example: DropIt - Image

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\DropIt]
@="DropIt in Pics Folder"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\DropIt\command]
@="\"X:\\Path\\To\\DropIt\\DropIt.exe\" --pass-parameters-variables-PicsFolder \"%1\""
Example: DropIt - Text

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\text\shell\DropIt]
@="DropIt in Docs Folder"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\text\shell\DropIt\command]
@="\"X:\\Path\\To\\DropIt\\DropIt.exe\" --pass-parameters-variables-DocsFolder \"%1\""
This may not be the best way to handle it but it should give you some ideas/options,
drop an mp3; drops it in or opens the Music Folder
drop a jpg; drops it in or opens the Pics Folder
drop a txt; drops it in or opens the Docs Folder

Note: Multiple files need special parameters/variables;
If I control-click 3 mp3s in a folder, 1by1 and Billy load the files but play the last file of the 3 (alphabetical).
Foobar2000 on the other hand loads only the 3 files and plays them correctly in alphabetical order. :D
Lupo73 wrote:what is the difference between "Directory" and "Folder" in these registry strings?
I believe 'Folder' also gives you right-click access to the top-level (hierarchy) i.e. "Computer", "Desktop", "Drive", "UserName".
I use 'Folder' for CommandPromptPortable and 'Directory' for CyberShredder.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Console]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Console\command]
@="D:\\Portable\\Utilities\\Console\\Console.exe \"%L\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Shred]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Shred\command]
@="\"D:\\Portable\\Tools\\CyberShredder.exe\" \"%1\""

Lupo73

#148 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks.. I think the context menu integration could be limited to all files with a general "Sort with DropIt", without more specific integrations and without add options in the software itself to manage them (the software born as portable and I prefer to preserve it, without differentiate from the two versions).

These are the lines I have included in Inno Setup source:

[Registry]
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "*\Shell"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: ""; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "*\Shell\Sort with DropIt"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: "Sort with DropIt"; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "*\Shell\Sort with DropIt\command"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: """{app}\DropIt.exe"" ""%1"""; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "Directory\Shell\Sort with DropIt"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: ""; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "Directory\Shell\Sort with DropIt\command"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: """{app}\DropIt.exe"" ""%1"""; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Do you think there are other lines needed or changes to do?

kuihdez

#149 Post by kuihdez »

Lupo73 wrote:Thanks.. I think the context menu integration could be limited to all files with a general "Sort with DropIt", without more specific integrations and without add options in the software itself to manage them (the software born as portable and I prefer to preserve it, without differentiate from the two versions).

These are the lines I have included in Inno Setup source:

[Registry]
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "*\Shell"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: ""; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "*\Shell\Sort with DropIt"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: "Sort with DropIt"; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "*\Shell\Sort with DropIt\command"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: """{app}\DropIt.exe"" ""%1"""; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "Directory\Shell\Sort with DropIt"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: ""; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Root: HKCR; Subkey: "Directory\Shell\Sort with DropIt\command"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: """{app}\DropIt.exe"" ""%1"""; Flags: uninsdeletekey; Tasks: associate
Do you think there are other lines needed or changes to do?
be careful, the context menu, like the sendto menu is limited by windows to a certain amount of files. I cannot sort more than X files at once (i don't know the amount of X but it's not very high).

Thanks for adding the request to the To Do List ! Looking forward to it !

Ruby

#150 Post by Ruby »

I wouldn't use HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT (HKCR); (requires admin privilege).

You should use one of these 2 roots when writing/setting values in the registry:
1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER (HKCU); for the currently logged on user, (does not require admin).
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (HKLM); for all users, (Global, requires admin).

Seeing as how you stated 'Quote: "the software born as portable and I prefer to preserve it"',
I think your first choice/option would be HKEY_CURRENT_USER (HKCU).

You could also start your installer as a normal user with option to invoke as admin:
1. Install for currently logged on user (Single User).
2. Install for all users (Requires Admin Privileges).