Portable Android emulator

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Midas

Re: Portable Android emulator

#16 Post by Midas »

FYI and for the benefit of anyone trying Nox Player, I'd recommend some mandatory reading from around the net. Here's just an outstanding example from a quick Google search:

Nox, despite being the most feature-filled Android emulator, has a lot of negativity surrounding it due to their antics when it comes to making income off of their program. It is known for running repeated advertisments in the background, calling home and passing along system information (outside of your Android instance) as well as a vast amount of potentially sensitive data in an encrypted payload back to their multitude of servers. With the following preventitive measures, we can stop a majority of this happening as well as greatly improve the overall performance.

And see these, too:

www.reddit.com /r/soccerspirits/comments/74flks/configuring_nox_app_player_to_remove_adware/

www.reddit.com /r/noxappplayer/comments/5nmoyf/stop_nox_from_installing_random_apps/

From my testing and after having tried it, I've come to the conclusion that you can't replace the home launcher permanently in the latest Nox version anymore. That in itself is a denial of the open nature of the Android OS.