Apache OpenOffice

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JackL

Any problems with X-soft?

#16 Post by JackL »

It's amazing that nobody reacted on above news... Is any problem with X-software? or maybe - are there any political issues with winpenpack comunity?
if not - I do not see the reason to not annonce their OO version in pfc..

nycjv321

ummm openoffice uses 2gigs???

#17 Post by nycjv321 »

http://portablefreeware.com/?q=openoffice&m=Search

entry says for space usage :2GB (uncompressed)

Is this really true?
am I on crack or is this a typo?

opsimathic

#18 Post by opsimathic »

You may be on crack [smile] - but this is indeed at typo - John T. Haller over at www.portableapps.com reports download size as a mere 77.4mb.

Cheers!
/opsimathic

Andrew Lee

#19 Post by Andrew Lee »

Typo corrected. It should be ~200MB. Thanks!

Simon.T

#20 Post by Simon.T »

the md5 sum of "OpenOffice_Portable_2.3.1_en-us.paf.exe" is e41b3fb242810f555e398f22cc9875d0, am I right?

nycjv321

well...

#21 Post by nycjv321 »

I may be on crack (dont tell anyone) but 77megs is compressed size usually entry reports uncompressed size :)

and yes the md5 sum is e41b3fb242810f555e398f22cc9875d0 (says it down at download details of page)

Lupo73

OpenOffice v2.4

#22 Post by Lupo73 »

It is available this new version 2.4 from portableapps:
http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable

:wink:

opendev

OpenOffice 2.4.1

#23 Post by opendev »

It is available on the LiberKey

OpenOffice 2.4.1 is available inside the LiberKey or as a standalone product.

Have a look this list on the liberkey website

All softwares are updated and available as standalone in the download section !

Checker

#24 Post by Checker »

Superb link! - Thanks, for sharing it with us.

HappyPCGuy

careful

#25 Post by HappyPCGuy »

Checker wrote:Superb link! - Thanks, for sharing it with us.
read these:
http://portablefreeware.com/forums/view ... 2188#12188
http://portablefreeware.com/forums/view ... 2176#12176

'opendev' is just here spamming to promote his site. they've been stealing portableapps.com's apps for over a year. now they are bundling close source stuff that does weird things with open source apps like openoffice.

Local

#26 Post by Local »

Opendev seems pretty open about what he's doing here HappyPCGuy what are you doing?

I really don't see the point in joining this forum just to bash somebody who John Haller doesn't approve of.

If there is a problem with the software or it is illegal please tell, otherwise it looks like you're the one spamming.

Ameri-CAIN

#27 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

I enjoyed looking through the apps on the liberkey website. I don't intend to use their version of the apps at all. I used it as a way to see apps that are easily made portable, that might not already be in my collection. I don't like using a wrapper that I don't understand, and I certainly don't like to download a collection that is rattled with stuff I already have. So if something looks interesting, I will look into making it portable myself. I don't think HappyPCGuy is trying to cause trouble. I think he is just vocal on the opinion he has formed via his reading of other posts and forums. I also don't feel opendev is in the wrong trying to promote something he is excited about. This is a forum for portable apps. However, maybe there is some merit to what Haller claims. I would like to see some of our more investigative posters research this claim a little further and see a little more discussion on it rather than put to the side unanswered. A little debate is always good. :)

GeddichNixan

#28 Post by GeddichNixan »

@Ameri-CAIN

Hear, hear. Some words of wisdom. I couldn't have written it better myself. Thanks for that one.

opendev

#29 Post by opendev »

Thanks to Local, Ameri-CAIN and GeddichNixan to show their objectivity. I have had a chance to give my viewpoint on certain other accusations (answer). I realize that it is urgent the Liberkey opens its forum in english. It should be so before end of june.

Opendev

GeddichNixan

#30 Post by GeddichNixan »

Hm, I do not want to speak for others but "showing my objectivity" simply meant the following:

- it is OK trying to promote your stuff on this forum
- it is OK if somebody has concerns about your software
- "a little debate is always good"

I took a look at the other threads dealing with accusations you mentioned and I think your answers were by no means satisfactory. Those discussions followed more or less the pattern "you did it - no I didn't" and this is not a serious discussion. I missed the part with the BECAUSE and this mostly from you.

For the sake of true objectivity (which always means both sides of a medal) and in interest of your work and the potential users of your software you should answer to those accusations in a more extensive and detailed manner. You should do so especially because some of them really don't seem to be unsubstantiated, the part concerning the GPL for example.