SyncFolders

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Re: SyncFolders 3.4.351

#16 Post by smaragdus »

SyncFolders at version 3.4.351, downloads & change:
3.4.351 (February 23, 2017)
  • Fixed: Tmp files with names like 3gb12zai.f3e, hnvxwjvu.4hb are created by SyncFolders in root folders but are not always removed.
  • Fixed: Mapped drives are not visible in the browse folder dialogs.

xor

Re: SyncFolders

#17 Post by xor »

SyncFolders at Version 3.4.369 (May 2, 2017)
Portable Direct download link: here
Change Log
New: Language French is supported.
Changed: The warning 'You have changed the rules since the last scan! It is recommended to do a new scan first' will not be given if setting 'Prompt for confirmation when starting synchronization' is switched off.
Changed: The download window will show also the progress and the size of the file.
Fixed: Some minor issues.

webfork

#18 Post by webfork »

I just noticed the program will sync using hashes, which is as close as I've come to the copy+hash tool I've been thinking about for years now ...

Will hopefully test that out soon.

EDIT: So none of the hashes are saved, it's just a method of increasingly certain verification. Not quite what I was looking for, but glad the feature is there.

sphinxx

#19 Post by sphinxx »

I use freefilesync for many years, but now I find that syncfolders would be much better for my needs.
Unfortunately syncfolders has a bug with exit code. It doesn't return "1" when error occurs during synchronization, as stated in documentation. It's very important to me, because I start the sync in batch.
There's no support contact on homepage. Very strange!

smaragdus

#20 Post by smaragdus »

I added SyncFolders to the database.

Screen (SyncFolders version 3.4.456):

@sphinxx
You can find how to contact the developer from "About SyncFolders" menu.

webfork

#21 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:15 pm I added SyncFolders to the database.
Thanks for doing that -- great work.

EDIT:

On this question: "I just noticed the program will sync using hashes, which is as close as I've come to the copy+hash tool I've been thinking about for years now ..." the program doesn't appear to work that way. It could very well be a replacement for the also-excellent but no longer updated AutoVer.

smaragdus

Re: SyncFolders 3.4.471

#22 Post by smaragdus »

SyncFolders at version, changes:
3.4.471 (July 9, 2018)
  • New: Languages Portuguese (Brazil), Korean and Czech added.
  • Changed: Some translations updated.
  • Fixed: An error occurs if a scheduled task contains a trigger "on an event".
  • Fixed: A folder in %LocalAppData% is created by the portable version of SyncFolders.
  • Fixed: The width of the columns in the rules view are not saved if SyncFolders is maximized.
  • Fixed: SyncFolders is using quite some CPU at startup if started from the Windows Task Scheduler as long as the notification message is visible.
  • Fixed: An unexpected error could occur if the tmp folder of Windows contains more than 65535 temporary files.