TPFC migration

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
__philippe

Re: TPFC migration

#31 Post by __philippe »

Andrew Lee wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 am ... I have installed ProSilver SE and Revolution for you guys to test out. ...
Tried them all available fancy styles, gladly stick with the current default "AllanStyle-SUBSILVER", thanks for asking...;-)
(As suggested earlier by Midas, the "online user ribbon" might perhaps look better relocated back on the left-hand side ?)

Midas

#32 Post by Midas »

Well, I tried the new options, too. Revolution is truncating the TPFC forum logo and we sure can't have that...

OTOH, ProSilver Special Edition is looking fine thank you -- although it takes some getting used to those ominous dark gray box headers. Light blue is so much more convivial. ;)

For me, the best thing about these styles is how they narrow the page width, enhancing readibility.

Specular

#33 Post by Specular »

Andrew Lee wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:53 amStill happening for you? I switched to using this extension in preparation for supporting multiple board styles. Apparently, I think the logo is dynamically updated using Javascript. It's working for me on both Firefox and Chrome.
Ah, that was it. I use a script manager addon and the forum's Javascript wasn't enabled. All good now, though using Javascript for a static logo seems a little overkill 😛.

As for the user 'online' strip it's actually an image. So either a CSS rotation transform or replacement image could be used to bring it over to the other side. I'll look at it tomorrow perhaps.

billon

#34 Post by billon »

@Andrew Lee:

Something go wrong and now "smileys" are shown instead of some characters in the entries (and possible in the comments?)
For example, see MobaXterm entry:

Ss_2018-01-07_20-51-09.png
That break all functionality, please fix it ASAP
Completely turn off "smileys" in the main site

billon

#35 Post by billon »

Also as we can see, there is no such "smiley" (:\) in the forum's "Full Editor & Preview" form:

Ss_2018-01-07_21-11-03.png
Ss_2018-01-07_21-11-03.png (3.55 KiB) Viewed 34225 times
So there are different "smileys" in the forum and in the main site
Now I think that migration to the new engine was not so good idea

Andrew Lee

#36 Post by Andrew Lee »

billon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 amThat break all functionality, please fix it ASAP
Completely turn off "smileys" in the main site
Fixed. Thanks for reporting this!

billon

#37 Post by billon »

Andrew Lee wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:04 pm Fixed.
No
There now spaces, spaces everywhere, in every entry, in additional fields such as Dependencies:, License:, How to extract:, Similar/alternative apps: etc
Even worser then with those damn smilies
Something is broken with the main site
Attachments
Ss_2018-01-08_01-16-54.png

JohnTHaller

#38 Post by JohnTHaller »

billon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:28 pm No
There now spaces, spaces everywhere, in every entry, in additional fields such as Dependencies:, License:, How to extract:, Similar/alternative apps: etc
I think JUSTIFY is set as the alignment for those fields in CSS.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

Andrew Lee

#39 Post by Andrew Lee »

billon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:28 pm No
How about now?

billon

#40 Post by billon »

Thank you, everything looks correct now :)

I hope :shock:

billon

#41 Post by billon »

Sometimes (not always, randomly), when you login from the site, you redirected to this error page:
Ss_2018-01-08_21-59-57.png

You actually logined successfully, just didn't redirected to the previous page, but to this error page

billon

#42 Post by billon »

And now TPFC certificate is expired and Firefox won't let me in! :shock:
WTF is happen?
That migration was surely bad idea

And search don't work! :evil:

olliebean

#43 Post by olliebean »

Confirmed, the certificate shows as expired this morning. Edge gives me the option to proceed to the site anyway, but Firefox doesn't.

Also confirmed, search isn't working. And in general the site is loading slower than I would expect.

Andrew Lee

#44 Post by Andrew Lee »

The cert renewal process with Let's Encrypt was botched, so that has been fixed now.

Serarch is also working fine as far as I can tell. Anyone else hitting problems?

Andrew Lee

#45 Post by Andrew Lee »

billon wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 am Sometimes (not always, randomly), when you login from the site, you redirected to this error page:

You actually logined successfully, just didn't redirected to the previous page, but to this error page
If it's random, it'll be hard to diagnose until we have more info. I just tried with Firefox and Chrome. Steps I took:

1. Logout from TPFC
2. Pop into any random database entry page.
3. Click "Login" from top of page.
4. After login, I'm redirected back the same database entry page in (2)

If you guys hit this problem again, try to note the exact sequence of steps you took and post them here.