TPFC migration

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
billon

Re: TPFC migration

#16 Post by billon »

:shock:
Attachments
Ss_2018-01-06_04-48-27.png
Ss_2018-01-06_04-48-27.png (11.63 KiB) Viewed 34072 times

Andrew Lee

#17 Post by Andrew Lee »

Specular wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 pmSure, here you are. Inside the zip are both the content.css and responsive.css which required tweaks. The file host uses randomized filenames for uploaded files, so ignore the randomized filename.
Thanks! I have uploaded your files.

Andrew Lee

#18 Post by Andrew Lee »

__philippe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:58 pm Minor issue: TPFC main page "Recent Forum Posts" column does not get updated currently.
Should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting this!

Andrew Lee

#19 Post by Andrew Lee »

billon wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm:shock:
Temporaily glitch. Sorry. :D

Andrew Lee

#20 Post by Andrew Lee »

Midas wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 amDon't get me wrong here, I really like the forum makeover resulting from the software update. I just wish the UI would be a little more ergonomic and a little less loud. 👍
I think the best solution for this might be to allow for everyone to choose their own phpBB styles.

Currently, I am using Allan Style - SUBSILVER, because it's the closest thing I could find that resembles the original "Subsilver" style in the old version.

I will make the default "Prosilver" style available too, which you can change to under the UCP.

Try looking through the styles in the phpBB styles database, and let me know which ones you would like me to install.

Andrew Lee

#21 Post by Andrew Lee »

Midas wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 amNew avatars are being served over http, not https, which breaks security standards and makes my portable SeaMonkey throw warnings in every forum page -- see also URL field, 2. and 10.
Updated some server settings. Is this fixed for you now?

__philippe

#22 Post by __philippe »

Couple of follow-up notes

1. "Avatar-not-being-served" issue:
    Wondering whether this problem could be specific to the SeaMonkey browser ?
    On my side, Chrome (under both XP and Win7) has been displaying all avatars properly ever after the migration.

2. Main page "Recent Forum Posts" column is now updating correctly again

3. The "Author post info-block" has been minimized and restored to its former classic left-sided position.
    Collective kudos to Andrew and Specular ! :D

Specular

#23 Post by Specular »

No prob. Migration was smooth, thanks Andrew! Btw looks like the PF logo for the forum is invisible, at least for me atm.

Looking at the web inspector the .site_logo in the style sheet is set to ./images/site_logo.png but Firefox is telling me the image can't be found. Not sure what it should be.

Midas

#24 Post by Midas »

Andrew Lee wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:50 pmTry looking through the styles in the phpBB styles database, and let me know which ones you would like me to install.
Will do. ASAP.

Andrew Lee wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 pm
Midas wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 amNew avatars are being served over http, not https, which breaks security standards and makes my portable SeaMonkey throw warnings in every forum page -- see also URL field, 2. and 10.
Updated some server settings. Is this fixed for you now?
Yes! 👌 😇

OTOH, the "Online" user banner was left behind (i.e., at the right) after the author block move...

JohnTHaller

#25 Post by JohnTHaller »

The phpbb forums need to have the PFC favicon added.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

Midas

#26 Post by Midas »

Oh boy, I think we need a poll...

After perfunctorily browsing available phpBB 3.x styles, I quickly realized most come with extra options in terms of colors, icons and page choices, which makes the defaults a poor proxy of what can be accomplished with a few tweaks.

Notwithstanding here are my (flavor of the month) favorites... ;)

"Prosilver based styles" Other The community is kindly invited to chime in... 📥

billon

#27 Post by billon »

Now supports SVG, nice

Andrew Lee

#28 Post by Andrew Lee »

JohnTHaller wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:19 pm The phpbb forums need to have the PFC favicon added.
Fixed. Thanks!

Andrew Lee

#29 Post by Andrew Lee »

Specular wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:37 am No prob. Migration was smooth, thanks Andrew! Btw looks like the PF logo for the forum is invisible, at least for me atm.

Looking at the web inspector the .site_logo in the style sheet is set to ./images/site_logo.png but Firefox is telling me the image can't be found. Not sure what it should be.
Still happening for you? I switched to using this extension in preparation for supporting multiple board styles. Apparently, I think the logo is dynamically updated using Javascript. It's working for me on both Firefox and Chrome.

Andrew Lee

#30 Post by Andrew Lee »

Midas wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm Notwithstanding here are my (flavor of the month) favorites... ;)

"Prosilver based styles"
I have installed ProSilver SE and Revolution for you guys to test out. The other two suggestions are not available for phpBB 3.2 unfortunately...