MiTeC Task Manager DeLuxe

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
giulia

Re: MiTeC Task Manager DeLuxe

#31 Post by giulia »

hi
i have download the last 64bit verision

and i have found these keys and an ini file in the user folder

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\TMX64_RASAPI32
can somebody test and confirm the regkey it's related to the program and the ini file (i'm sure about the ini file) ? just because the program it's marked stealth

thanks

webfork

#32 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote:can somebody test and confirm the regkey it's related to the program and the ini file (i'm sure about the ini file) ? just because the program it's marked stealth
Thanks for posting about that.

I've been dragging my feet on my testing rig just due to space / time issues, but there's a lot of stuff to check like this and I don't think Baas (regular member who was amazing about ongoing testing) is coming back. I'll try to get that checked out hopefully over the holidays.

CornHolio the Gringo

#33 Post by CornHolio the Gringo »

All MiTeC software that I use, writes to registry.
MiTeC HexEdit 6.1.0
MiTeC Icon Explorer 4.2.0
MiTeC Mail Viewer 2.3.0
MiTeC Network Scanner 4.0

Therefore Ive used JauntePE060Nightly to make it true stealth.

billon

#34 Post by billon »

@CornHolio the Gringo:

Some yes, some not
If you don't click "Persistent Layout" - they're stealth

Special

#35 Post by Special »

So this isn't portable is it? I've tried and unless I don't want to save any settings (which is dumb not too), it saves the config file in AppData... So it's either no settings=portable or settings=AppData.

webfork

#36 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 am We can wait a week or two to see if someone has the last portable and after that the people who would need to downvote include:
Old thread update: I found another option that unfortunately disables saving any settings between sessions, but does make the program portable. Basically adding TMX.ini to the same folder eliminates saved settings. It's not ideal, but the entry at least is portable again.