SpeechTexter.com

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
Midas

SpeechTexter.com

#1 Post by Midas »

Could be really useful in certain situations: https://www.speechtexter.com/.
  • [url]https://www.speechtexter.com/about[/url] author wrote:SpeechTexter is a professional online speech to text converter, intended to simplify and speed up your work. We seek to provide the best online speech to text transcribing experience by archiving innovative speech-recognition technology for the most accurate results. It works online in your Chrome browser. No download, installation or registration needed, so you can begin working immediately.
It is even able to distinguish Brazilian Portuguese from the standard one... :shock:

webfork

Re: SpeechTexter.com

#2 Post by webfork »

That's pretty fantastic. Web based voice-to-text is ... well, I didn't think that would happen for a long time.

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

Totally agree. 8)

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Tested this -- it was able to accurately grab my voice from a poor mic with some distance. I really wish this worked on non-Chrome browsers but I'm impressed.

> Brazilian Portuguese from the standard one

What's amusing is how the standard is increasingly being set by Brazil rather than Portugal. This used to be the case with US English and the other variants but I have seen some signs that it's going the other way now (I see more and more on Indian English).

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:What's amusing is how the standard is increasingly being set by Brazil rather than Portugal. This used to be the case with US English and the other variants but I have seen some signs that it's going the other way now (I see more and more on Indian English).
  • Power of numbers? Brazilians do have a much stronger online presence, that's for sure. And your parallel is pretty accurate, BTW. 8)