Multi-Launcher (application management utility)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Multi-Launcher (application management utility)

#1 Post by Midas »

Just found Multi-Launcher (http://s355751075.onlinehome.us/wh4-a-d ... -launcher/) but am not in the right environment to test it ATM. Nevertheless, it features intriguing functions and exhibits basic portability so here it is for community review.
  • [url]http://s355751075.onlinehome.us/wh4-a-different-type-of-programfile-launcher/[/url] author wrote:I originally called the program WH4 which stood for Which, What, Where and When, I finally picked the name Multi-Launcher. The program tracks four types of information: 1) Which applications you have been running, 2) What documents you have opened (local, network share or other connected storage like flash drives), 3) Where you have been looking or the folders you have accessed and 4) When you were browsing various web sites. The four lists are stored under My Document in Programs, Documents, Folders and URLs files with a CSV ending.
    The program automatically saves the four lists in your 'c:\temp' folder to reload the next time it is run. [...] All Filters are stored in the 'Multi-Launcher.ini' file.[!?] This may change later and a filter list for easier management will be added. [...] The program now saves backups of each list on startup (.BAK) and allows users to backup/restore from any folder. For the Recent Documents list, users may also remove invalid or old links. The program defaults to showing up to 100 Recent Documents.
Download the latest Multi-Launcher release (currently v1.31) from http://s355751075.onlinehome.us/wh4-a-d ... -launcher/.

webfork

Re: Multi-Launcher (application management utility)

#2 Post by webfork »

This is a really impressive and unique program, but one of the things it does is try to track things you've recently been doing so you can get right back into the groove. Would it work with non-standard browsers and -- more importantly -- portable versions of those browsers?

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

Can't test that either. Although I mostly use Portable SeaMonkey nowadays, it is integrated with my system as the default browser... :?

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote:Can't test that either. Although I mostly use Portable SeaMonkey nowadays, it is integrated with my system as the default browser... :?
Well it's still a really cool idea. I've seen a lot of variations on this "recent" stuff track, and this is one that I might actually use.